Gong Zombie (铜锣僵尸; pinyin: tóngluó jiāngshī) is a zombie in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. He is encountered in Kongfu World - Day 8. He summons Suicide Bomber Zombies when he bangs his gong. When he does so, one to four Suicide Bomber Zombies will spawn on the lawn. After losing his arm, the Gong Zombie cannot summon Suicide Bomber Zombies.
功夫铜锣僵尸 (Gong Zombie)
Summons Suicide Bomber Zombies when he bangs his gong.Gong Zombie is Suicide Bomber Zombie's brother. They both don't know any Kongfu. The difference is, Gong Zombie is more interested in musical instruments.
Gong Zombie absorbs 300 damage per shot and degrades at 150 damage per shot before dying.
Frostbite Caves: Boss Rush
Gong Zombies are fragile but they can get annoying if there's too many of them. Use plants like Missile Toe, Winter Melon or Cryo-shroom to take care of the Suicide Bomber Zombies it spawns.
- Unlike Disco-tron 3000 or Dancing Zombie, he cannot summon Suicide Bomber Zombies when hypnotized.
- His walking animation is the same as a Pirate Zombie.
- Many Kongfu World zombies share this trait.
- He is similar to Dancing Zombie.
- A difference is that the Suicide Bomber Zombies summoned blow up the plants rather than Backup Dancers which act like normal zombies.
- Because his gong is made of copper, a type of non-magnetic metal, Magnet-shroom cannot steal it.
- It shares this trait with Excavator Zombie, which his shovel is made out of gold.
- While shrunk, he summons normal-sized Suicide Bomber Zombies instead of shrunken Suicide Bomber Zombies.