Gold Tiles are environment modifiers in Lost City and Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2 that serve as a pure beneficial factors for both the player and the zombies. The amount of certain numbers are given initially on each level of the aforementioned world. The player can create another gold tile by using Gold Leaves.
For players, if plants are placed on them for the first time, the player will receive a normal sun, and then the tile will give normal sun every 20 seconds if the corresponding plant is still on that place. If a plant planted on a Gold Tile has been dug up, destroyed by the zombies, or moved from its current position, planting a new plant on it will continue generating sun after a certain amount of time.
For zombies, an Imp Porter is selected as the representative that manipulates Gold Tiles. In its case, Gold Tiles serve as station for him to deploy Basic, Conehead, and Buckethead versions of Adventurer Zombies by deploying its backpack into a tent.
- An activated Gold Tile is brighter in color than an unactivated one.
- They bear a close resemblance and act similarly to the Taiji Tiles in Kongfu World.
- However, unlike Taiji Tiles, free plants like Iceberg Lettuce and Puff-shroom can be planted on them for profit. However, using Puff-Shroom to make sun early on in the level is not recommended because your Puff-Shroom will only last for 50 seconds, and when it expires you will have to wait for another 15 seconds before it is activated. This can be combat with Power Lily or buying Plant Food.
- They have a Sunflower design carved into them, although it does have differences.
- Having a Sunflower design resembles how Sunflowers produce normal sun (i.e. 50 sun).
- It and trap tiles have the same indentations and overall shape. This suggests that they are related.
- Furthermore, they are both encountered in Lost City.
- They can still generate sun even if the plants on them are turned into sheep by Wizard Zombie or bound by octopi from Octo Zombie.