- For other uses, see Gargantuar (disambiguation).
Gladiator Gargantuar is a Gargantuar variant encountered in Penny's Pursuit. The Gladiator Gargantuar has various differences from other world-based Gargantuars, having the ability to throw a Roman Imp, which drops a net on a plant once he lands, disabling plants for 10 seconds. His helmet also provides extra health, and he is slightly faster than other Gargantuars. He and Jurassic Gargantuar are tied as the strongest Gargantuar variants in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
Wears a helmet. Throws an imp AND a net. Just a real piece of work.
He's got a column and he's not afraid to use it.
Gladiator Gargantuar is a very dangerous zombie that can easily mess up your defenses. Not only does have a net, but also throws a Roman Imp that has more health than other Imps.
Try to select strong plants when you encounter him. You can try to stall him as much as you can with plants such as Gumnut and Primal Wall-nut, which can easily stall him. If he appears in a level where there are no Healer Zombies, try hypnotizing him with Caulipower or Hypno-shroom. This is not as easy when Healer Zombies appear since they can remove hypnosis.
Bombard-mint family plants can defeat him quickly since these plants can deal high damage to him and will only take 3 hits to wipe him out, but this can cause him to throw the Roman Imp which can cause damage to your defense. Another way to easily defeat him is by Shrinking him, which reduces his speed and health so that he can easily be defeated by the Squash.
Avoid doing Spicy or Extra Hot difficulty if you have weak or low-level plans in Penny's Pursuit since his health increases with difficulty.
- Unlike other Gargantuar variants, the Gladiator Gargantuar does not fall over as soon as his head falls off. He staggers before falling, similar to most other zombies. It is unknown if this is a glitch or not.
- Most instant kill zombies deal 1500 damage per shot, however the Gladiator Gargantuar deals 1875. It is unknown if this is intentional or not.
- His Almanac entry references the I've Got an X, and I'm Not Afraid to Use It! stock phrase.
- Gladiator Gargantuar and Head Office Impgantuar are the only Gargantuar variants in Plants vs. Zombies 2 to not feature their "Special" and "Damage" sections in their almanac entries.
- Coincidentally, them alongside Vase Gargantuar are the only Gargantuar variants in the game not to originate from any world.