- For other uses, see Gargantuar (disambiguation).
Giga Gargantuar is a boss zombie in the Garden Ops mode in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He is a more powerful form of the Gargantuar. Like the Gargantuar, the Giga Gargantuar is exceedingly troublesome when support classes are not available and with a big amount of other zombies and zombie bosses. He is similar to the regular Gargantuar, but he wears a shredded black suit, black sunglasses, a heart tattoo engraved with "IMP," and has red eyes.
The Giga Gargantuar has a near identical attack of the Gargantuar. Like the Gargantuar, he will attempt to smash plants with his telephone pole if they are near him. However, the Giga Gargantuar has some new attacks and the electricity element. He can use his telephone pole to fire an electricity laser which deals high damage if the player has not taken cover. He is also now able to shoot three explosive Imps, rather than one, making it much more lethal than before. However, he does not have the charge attack the Gargantuar has. Like the Gargantuar, he cannot be swallowed or frozen, but he is vulnerable to the Chompers' Goop.
In Garden Warfare 2, the Giga Gargantuar seems to have gotten a nerf. His electricity attack will still take away huge chunks of the plants HP but it doesn't seem to be entirely focused on them unlike the first game. Also, when Giga Gargantuar shoots his 3 Giga Imps at the plants, he doesn't fire them all at once; instead he fires them 1 at a time but they will mostly hit the player's position and will still do the amount of huge damage to them. Even though his damage has been somewhat nerfed, Giga Gargantuar is still menacingly dangerous just as in the first game. In some ways, his super boss wave can compensate for his nerf: the pack of Physicists, Electro Brainz, and Electricians backing them up will make them more dangerous. However, his HP is still the same as in the first game. His plant counterpart is Giga Torchwood.
- Easy: 1400 HP
- Normal: 2100 HP
- Hard: 2800 HP
- CRAAAAZY: 3500 HP
- Giga Power Pole: Shoots a ray of lightning that follows the plant as the Giga Gargantuar moves.It deals 4 damage constantly.
- Giga Smash: Smashes a nearby plant with its electrified pole dealing 40 damage .
- Giga Imp: Launches three Giga Imps from a medium distance dealing 25 damage for each Imp thrown.
- ▲ Increased damage radius for pole slam.
Garden Warfare 2
- ▲ All Gargantuar melees have increased in effectiveness.
- ▲ Giga Gargantuar's slam now has electric element damage.
Super Giga Gargantuar wave cutscene: (Garden Warfare)
When the slots land on three Giga Gargantuars, an animation will show with the Giga Imp appearing out of the ground. Suddenly, the Giga Gargantuar unearths himself, "smashing" the Giga Imp and then roaring loudly. Then he grabs his telephone pole from the ground and shoots a stream of lighting while Giga Imp tries to avoid it then does a happy dance near the Giga Gargantuar. The cutscene ends and the boss fight begins. During a Super Giga Gargantuar Wave, Electric variants will appear often (e.g: Physicist and Electro Brainz (Garden Warfare 2 only)).
- His original appearance in the Zomboss Slots was a red Gargantuar.
- He wears shades to hide his red eyes.
- In Garden Warfare 2, his eyes are no longer red, and his sunglasses are broken. It is unknown why this happens.
- His stubble is more visible in Garden Warfare 2.
- He has a tattoo on his left arm that is a heart that says "IMP" on it which is a reference to the heart tattoos that say "Mom" on them.
- If he is firing his electricity laser at you, and you get behind cover, he will stop his laser, but still keep his laser in the ready-to-fire position, and walk until you are exposed and he can hit you again, and then start firing his laser at you again. He can do this again and again if you continue to hide while he is shooting at you, making him even more deadly.
- He shares the same health as the regular Gargantuar, while in Plants vs. Zombies he has twice as much health as the Gargantuar.