- For the Gargantuar's stronger counterpart, see Giga Gargantuar.
- For other uses, see Gargantuar (disambiguation).
Gargantuar is a boss zombie in the Garden Ops mode of Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Gargantuars are the second toughest boss in the game (behind the Giga Gargantuar) due to their high health and powerful attack, but they have limited range, except they can fire an Exploding Imp at the player. Fighting Gargantuars can be troublesome, especially when other zombie bosses are attacking, including the Super Gargantuar Wave, which sends three Gargantuars at once to the team's garden.
The Gargantuar's main attack is smashing his telephone pole in front of the player. Beware, as it can deal high damage and has splash damage as well. Also, beware that, if he roars, he will charge straight at the player and smash them. Although easy to dodge, other zombies will use this as an opportunity to attack. When Gargantuar bends down, he fires an Explosive Imp at the player, dealing high splash damage. Due to his size, he cannot be swallowed by a Chomper, rendering them semi-useless. The Gargantuar cannot be frozen, however he is not immune to the Chomper's Goop, which will slow him down and make him easier to vanquish.
Easy: 1400 HP
Normal: 2100 HP
Hard: 2800 HP
CRAAAAZY: 3500 HP
- Gargantuar Slam: Smashes a plant with his pole dealing 40 damage.
- Pole Charge: Rams at the player and then smahes dealing 40 damage.
- Gargantuar Imp: Launches the Exploding Imp from a medium distance dealing 25 damage.
- ▲ All Gargantuar melees have increased in effectiveness.
Super Gargantuar Wave cutscene: (Garden Warfare)
When the slots land on three Gargantuars, an animation will show with a hand smashing out of the ground holding an Imp. The Imp then looks around while making small "eh?" noises. Suddenly, the Gargantuar unearths himself, roaring loudly. He then calms himself, stroking the Imp (which the Imp appears to enjoy) before putting him in his trash can. He then grabs his telephone pole from the ground, looking around wildly (presumably to search for plants/brains). The cutscene ends and the boss fight begins. During a Super Gargantuar Wave, Exploding Imps and Blitzers will appear often.
- The telephone pole of both him and the Giga Gargantuar releases large amounts of electricity once it hits the ground causing splash damage.
- If he runs towards the player, and the player tries to escape, he will keep running until he reaches the player or he goes too far.
- The Exploding Imp is his only ranged attack.
- The Gargantuar usually attacks up close. This is different from his Giga counterpart, as the Giga Gargantuar focuses more on ranged attacks.