Frostbloom Queen (水晶兰; pinyin: shuǐjīng lán) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 that was introduced in the v2.3.92 update along with the 2019 Children's Day event. Frostbloom Queen attacks zombies in her lane by releasing a large freezing gust of wind that freezes zombies inside a snowman for 5 seconds, zombies frozen cannot attack plants and take double the amount of damage dealt by fire plants.
She cannot trap Gargantuars and machines in snowmen.
Frostbloom Queen is based on Monotropa uniflora, also known as the ghost plant. In Chinese this plant is known as the Crystal Orchid, hence Frostbloom Queen's icy design.
水晶兰 (Crystal Orchid)
Sun cost: 200
The controller of ice and snow, likes to turn enemies into snowmen
Plant family effect: In research and development
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Frostbloom Queen will fire a massive gust of freezing wind into the sky causing a massive snowstorm that turns all zombies in her lane into snowmen.
The snowstorm she creates will now drop large icicles dealing damage to zombies it hits.
- She is the third plant to be an ice variant of a fire plant, after Chilly Pepper and Cold Snapdragon.
- She is the only one of these whose attack isn't similar to their fire variant
- The background of the official reveal image seems to be the Player's House yard decorated with Children's Day event related-stuff.
- This could be because she was introduced along with the 2019 Children's Day event.
- Due to a glitch, her body could be seen placed outside the puzzle piece and seed packet.