- For the Chinese version of the level, see Frostbite Caves - Day 8 (Chinese version).
- For the level before the v1.8 update, see Frostbite Caves - Day 8 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Frostbite Caves - Day 8 is the eighth level of Frostbite Caves in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Special Delivery level. Most of the zombies are appearing via the snowstorms here. Blockhead Zombie makes his first appearance here. The player has to fight against a large number of zombies starting from the very beginning of the level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player obtains a Frostbite Caves pinata.
There are multiple strategies for beating this level due to the large amount of plants given.
Six Pepper-pults can be planted in the second and third columns, in the spaces underneath and above the ice floes, as most zombies will end up there. Wall-nuts can be planted above and under the slider tiles.
Sometimes zombies in snowstorms will get past the slider tiles on the left side on the lawn. The player can set up a few Potato Mines there.
Hurrikales are abundant in this level. The players should time their use correctly, as they aren't able to push back zombies that are still coming in snowstorms.
Bonk Choys can be planted next to Wall-nuts as the zombies will be far enough to not be able to eat them.
The last Pepper-pult can be used to warm the plants on the right side of the screen if the player is going for a central defense.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Freezing wind||Note(s)|
|2||2||Lanes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5||Snowstorm!|
|3||4||Lanes: 2, 3, 4||Snowstorm!|
|5||5||Lanes 2, 3, 4||First flag.|
Carries 1x Plant Food.
|7||1||Lanes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5||Snowstorm!|
|9||Lanes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5||Snowstorm!|
Use Potato Mine on Blockhead Zombies since they can easily defeat these zombies, as always place Bonk Choy behind Wall-nut since this is a strong combo but avoid doing this with Hurrikale as it can push back all zombies onto one tile and if the Bonk Choy is fighting it can overwhelm him. Use Plant Food on Bonk Choy as it gives the strongest attack, killing any zombies in the 3 by 3 area. Pepper-pult should be used to defrost plants. Hurrikale should be used when zombies get close to the lawn mowers.
- Only three Potato Mines, seven Pepper-pults, seven Bonk Choys, seven Wall-nuts, and nine Hurrikales are given at a time.
- The ice floe at the fifth row might not function properly at random, allowing zombies to walk over it. It is unknown why this happens, but it is assumed that this is a glitch.
- This is the only level in Plants vs. Zombies 2 where ambushes appear in every wave.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest