- For the Chinese version of the level, see Frostbite Caves - Day 5 (Chinese version).
- For the level before the v1.8 update, see Frostbite Caves - Day 5 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Frostbite Caves - Day 5 is the fifth level of Frostbite Caves in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Special Delivery level. This level introduces Pepper-pult. There are eight frozen plants on the lawn, five Cabbage-pults and three Bonk Choys. The "Snowstorm!" ambush makes its first appearance here. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
(Crazy Dave and Penny appear)
Crazy Dave: I'm starting to get cold feet about this place.
Crazy Dave: Also, my feet are getting very cold.
Penny: Time to turn up the heat. I recommend Pepper-pult for the job.
Penny: He lobs hot peppers at zombies and also keeps nearby plants warm.
Crazy Dave: Let's pick a peck of Pepper-pults! It is the perfect plant for out predicament!
Penny: Must you rhyme, User Dave? Must you?
(Crazy Dave and Penny leave)
This level can be difficult to win if the plants are not planted properly. Firstly, take advantage of Pepper-pult's thawing ability to unfreeze the pre-placed frozen plants. Later in the level, the player can easily become swarmed with zombies, and can potentially lose. In addition, the plants come in very slowly, so getting a proper defense early in the level can become hard. Hunter Zombie will most likely be in crowds freezing plants. To counter this, use Plant Food or place Pepper-pults near plants. The key to winning is to use Pepper-pult's ability and splash damage to deal as much damage as possible to the zombies.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|1||2 4||None||are available|
|2||1 5 3||None|
|3||4 5 2||None||Freezing winds occur on lanes 3, 4, and 5; 100% Plant Food|
|4||1 4 5 3||None||are available|
|5||3 5 1 4||None||400%/7 Plant Food|
|6||2 4 4||Snowstorm!|
|7||1 1 1 3 5 3 5||None||Freezing winds occur on every lane; 500%/7 Plant Food; first flag|
|8||2 2 3 5 2 4||None|
|9||3 4 5 3 5 4||None|
|10||1 2 3 3 5 5 1 2||None||Freezing winds occur on every lane; 100% Plant Food|
|11||4 1 5||Snowstorm!|
|12||2 2 3 4 5 2 2||None||Freezing winds occur on lanes 3, 4, and 5; 600%/7 Plant Food|
|13||3 4 5 3 4 5||None|
|14||1 1 3 4 5 1 3 4 5 3 4 5||None||Freezing winds occur on every lane; final flag|
- The first priority is to unfreeze the Cabbage-pults by planting Pepper-pults next to them. Surprisingly, unfreezing the Bonk Choys is not vital to completing this level.
- It is important to secure the second lane. A Bonk Choy is excellent, while another one in the space between the two slider tiles is even better.
- Cave Conehead Zombies and Cave Buckethead Zombies usually make it past the topmost slider tile and the deep in the fourth row, respectively. For Coneheads, a Bonk Choy behind the first slider tile is essential. For the Buckethead, stalling it as much as possible is probably the best option. Bonk Choy is also very useful here.
- Plant Food is scarce and should be best used on Bonk Choys when large amounts of zombies overwhelm the second row.
- Before starting the level, Penny rhetorically asks "Must you rhyme, User Dave?", but Crazy Dave was actually tongue twisting.
- In addition, there is no rhyme in what Crazy Dave said.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest