- For the Chinese version of the level, see Frostbite Caves - Day 3 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Frostbite Caves - Day 3 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Frostbite Caves - Day 3 is the third level of Frostbite Caves in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Special Delivery level. The Hurrikale is introduced in this level. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
(Crazy Dave and Penny appear)
Penny: My data suggests Hurrikale would be of great use here.
Crazy Dave: A blast of air from him, and the zombies will chill out and slow down!
Crazy Dave: The guy's a real blow hard. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.
(Crazy Dave and Penny leave)
- A large amount of zombies should not discourage the player. The focal point of this level is to stall the zombies as much as possible using Hurrikale. The main damage outputs in this level are Spikeweeds, which work the best way if their use is synchronized with Hurrikale. Two Spikeweeds should be placed next to each slider tile, except during the last wave when the player should accumulate all the zombies in the topmost row and then place as many Spikeweeds as possible. The placement of Peashooters and Repeaters are not that important. Ideally, Repeaters should be planted on the first column, while Peashooters should be placed on the second (except the top which should include a Repeater for extra coverage).
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|1||4 5 5||None|
|2||3 4 5 1 5||None|
|3||1 4 5 5 2||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|4||1 3 5 5 5||None|
|5||1 2 4 5 5||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|6||1 4 5 5 5 1 3 5 5 2 5||None||First flag.|
|7||1 3 5 1 5||None|
|8||1 1 2 4 5 2 5 5||None|
|9||1 5 5 1 5 5||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|10||1 1 5 1 2 2 5 5 5||None|
|11||1 1 5 5 5 1 5 5||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|12||1 2 3 4 5 1 1 2 5 5 5 1 2 5 5||None||Final wave.|
The player should use the Hurriakle once the zombies are close to the player's house in order to prevent lawnmowers from being triggered, the player should also add Spikeweed to the farthest column because the zombies will land there once pushed back, and will take more damage than usual since they are chilled meaning more time will be spent walking on the tile where the Spikeweed is. The player should also use plant food on Repeaters because they are the only plant that does the highest damage to the zombie.
- Seven Peashooters, five Repeaters, eight Spikeweeds, and two Hurrikales can be placed only in a time.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest