- For the Chinese version of the level, see Frostbite Caves - Day 17 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Frostbite Caves - Day 17 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Frostbite Caves - Day 17 is the seventeenth level of Frostbite Caves in Plants vs. Zombies 2. In this level, Troglobite makes its first appearance. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets a Frostbite Caves pinata.
Troglobites are introduced in this level. They can push up to three frozen blocks of Yeti Imps to crush your plants. If there is another frozen plant in front of it, the plant can also be pushed to cause trouble. This can be troubling if the player does not prepare. Plants that can damage the entire lane like Laser Bean are recommended here. Hot Potato is advised to be used here, as they can unfreeze the Yeti Imps inside.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|2||1 5||None||Freezing winds affect rows 2 and 4|
|3||2 3 3 4||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|4||1 3 5||None|
|5||2 4 1||None||100% Plant Food|
|6||1 1 3 2||None||First flag; freezing winds affect rows 1, 3, and 5|
|7||2 1 3||None|
|8||1 1 4 5||None||600%/7 Plant Food|
|9||5 5 4 1||None||Freezing winds affect rows 2, 4, and 5|
|10||2 3 2 5||None|
|11||2 4 3||None||400%/7 Plant Food|
|12||1 5 2 4 2 4||None||Final flag|
If the Troglobites come on the second and fourth rows, do not worry too much as they will stop by the ice floes. But, if they come on the other rows, take a better precaution, as they can easily slip past your defenses if zombies come in front. Hot Potato is advised to be used here.
- Created by RaidingParty
This strategy can beat the level without Plant Food, premium content, gemium plants, or losing any lawn mowers.
- The overall setup will be
- First column: five Twin Sunflowers
- Second column: two Pepper-pults in the second and fourth lanes, three Laser Beans in the others.
- Third column: two Pepper-pults in the top and bottom lanes, three Snapdragons in the middle lanes.
- Fourth column: five Snapdragons, eventually replacing the Fume-shrooms
- Fifth column: three Wall-nuts and two Snapdragons eventually replacing the Chard Guards.
- Sixth column: Spikerocks in all lanes not occupied by an ice floe.
- In the beginning, build your Twin Sunflower column while using Wall-nuts to delay the early zombies; do not thaw the Fume-shrooms until the Wall-nuts have been weakened; when they have, thaw them and plant Snapdragons in the middle lanes to quickly finish them. Thaw the Chard Guards to delay the Dodo Rider Zombies while you add Pepper-pults in the second column, more Snapdragons (replacing the Fume-shrooms, and eventually, the Chard Guards) and ideally a Spikerock in the sixth column, top lane. When the Troglobites appear, counter them with Laser Bean and Hot Potato. Continue building up your forces, keeping an eye on weakened Wall-nuts and frozen blocks that might crush a Spikerock, until you win. If you use Plant Food with this strategy, Laser Bean's and Snapdragon's powers will result in an easy win.
- Sometimes, the reward will not appear and the player is forced to restart the level.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest