- For the version in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, and Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, see Foot Soldier.
Foot Soldier Zombie is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Crazy class. They cost 5 to play and have 3/4. They do not have any traits, and their ability does 3 damage to a selected plant or the plant hero when they are played on the heights. Their closest plant counterpart is Bluesberry.
Their description references how the Foot Soldier only wears one shoe.
Their ability is a reference to the fact that Foot Soldiers are commonly seen on rooftops and in high places in the Garden Warfare games, due to their Rocket Jump ability.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Professional Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played on Heights: Do 3 damage.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Each Foot Soldier Zombie shall be issued one (1) combat foot.
While having below average stats for a 5 zombie, Foot Soldier Zombie's ability to hurt any plant or your opponent and possibly finishing them off is a very handy thing to have. Using this ability against plants that activate their abilities on zombies on their lanes, such as Potato Mine and Guacodile, can render them useless if there is no zombie currently occupying their lane. 3 damage is also enough to eliminate threats such as Sportacus, Mayflower, and Black-Eyed Pea.
However, Foot Soldier Zombie's ability only activates when they are played on a heights lane. Therefore, their usefulness varies on the number of heights lanes on the field; the more, the better.
Foot Soldier Zombie can easily be destroyed using Whack-a-Zombie or any plant with 4 or more. You can lower their stats if you think you can handle them. If they get boosted, you can use Squash or Shamrocket to destroy them.
Since Foot Soldier Zombie's ability activates when they are played on the heights lane, try playing a powerful plant on the heights lane so the zombie hero is discouraged to play them there and activate their ability. Also, make sure they have at least 4 health to make an exchange at the very least. Another good idea is to use Sweet Potato, Hot Date, or Whipvine to move a zombie onto the heights lane, preventing Foot Soldier Zombie from being able to activate their ability.
- Sometimes, the player can hear the vanquish sound effect from the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series when they activate their ability.
- On the title screen, they hold a blaster that is not present in gameplay.
- They share idle and ability animations with Medic.