- For other uses, see Foot Soldier (disambiguation).
Foot Soldiers are highly versatile attackers. They can hit targets at far ranges, provide cover, and eliminate the largest foes with their ZPG.
Foot Soldier's primary weapon is the Z-1 Assault Blaster, which fires paintball pellets that deal 6 damage each (7 for crits) and fires at a rate of 550 RPM (rounds per minute). Foot Soldier can fire 56 paintballs at a time before needing to reload.
Super Stink Cloud
|Throw a gas bomb to block enemy-but not your team's-vision.|
|Leap into the air.|
|Launch a highly explosive rocket.|
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning multiple vanquishes rapidly.
Reduces ability cooldown by 50% for earning multiple vanquishes.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 30% when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of over-health for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Gain health by earning a vanquish when at low health.
Grants 30 health upon vanquishing an enemy at low HP.
Increased ammo capacity for Z-1 Assault Blaster.
Increases the Z-1 Assault Blaster's magazine size by 11 rounds.
Allies get revived faster when inside Super Stink Cloud.
Reduces the time to revive an ally by half when inside Super Stink Cloud.
Increased zoom when aiming.
ZPG explosion knocks enemies away.
ZPG explosion knocks enemies 5m (16.4 ft) upward and 7m (22.97 ft) backward.
Regenerate health when near multiple enemies.
When near two enemies within a 10m radius, regenerate 4 HP every 0.5 seconds.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 3 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Increased rate of fire while using the Z-1 Assault Blaster.
Z-1 Assault Blaster's rate of fire increases by 6 RPM per shot and tops out at 700 RPM (requires at least 25 shots to reach the max rate of fire). Fire rate resets upon releasing the fire button.
Distance increased for Rocket Jump.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%
Super Stink Cloud sticks to enemies and surfaces.
Gain health by earning a vanquish.
Grants 10 health upon vanquishing an enemy.
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Use weapons and abilities faster just after sprinting.
Reduces sprint exit delay by 25%
Faster flight speed of ZPG.
Increases ZPG's projectile speed to 500 m/s (1640.42 ft/s).
Z-1 Assault Blaster gains ammo for every vanquish.
Adds 7 rounds to the Z-1 Assault Blaster upon vanquishing an enemy.
Foot Soldier is a good all-around attacker. His high rate of fire allows him to frequently hit the enemy. Rooted Plants, such as Peashooters in Pea Gatling and Sunflowers in Sunbeam can be instantly killed with ZPG. Just make sure to aim right, and as they can't move, they will get vanquished. If enemies try to get close to you, use Rocket Jump to evade their fire and possibly retreat. Rocket Jump can also be used to get you a height advantage and allow you to provide cover fire for your team. Stink Clouds can be used to help your team capture objectives by repelling opponents or damaging them while decreasing their vision.
Soldiers are not the best against small enemies, such as Acorn and Night Cap. They are hard to hit as it is, but with Night Cap's double jump and Acorn's Acorn Dash, they become very tricky foes. If possible, try to retreat and get backup, particularly an Engineer. If not, try to use Stink Cloud to encourage them to leave you alone or ZPG to damage or even vanquish them.
One of the best characters to use against Soldiers is the Snapdragon. Snapdragons do massive damage at close range, where the Soldier will have no advantage. Snapdragon's Flame Blower can still hit the Soldier if he uses Rocket Jump, or if the Soldier tries to flee, Flare Ball could be used, or better, Blue Blazes. If the Soldier starts shooting you from far away, use Swoop Slam to get closer and Flame Blower to finish them off.
Tips & Tricks
The Super Zombie Stink Cloud can hide you from Kernel Corns Butter Becon if you stand in the cloud, it is useful for helping your team do a sneak attack in Butter Becon.
- ▲ Z-1 Assault Blaster damage increase 3.95 - 4.4
- ▲ Z-1 Assault Blaster rate of fire increased 520 - 550 RPM
- ▲ Super Stink Cloud initial velocity increase 22 - 35m/s
- ▲ Rocket Jump windup delay decreased 0.15 - 0.1s
- ▲ Adjust spawn location and trajectory of Super Stink Cloud to be better aligned with center screen
- ▲ Increase Z-1 Assault Blaster damage 4.4 - 6.1
- ▲ Increase Z-1 Assault Blaster ammo capacity 40 - 45
- ▲ Decrease Z-1 Assault Blaster camera recoil
- ▲ Decrease Z-1 Assault Blaster projectile spread when jumping
- ▼ Decreased velocity and drag distance of Z-1 Assault Blaster
- Decreased projectile speed from 850 m/s (2788.71 ft/s) to 450 m/s (1476.38 ft/s)
- ▼ Increased recoil of Z-1 Assault Blaster
- ▼ Increased spread increase per shot from 0 to 0.275
- ▲ Decreased spread yaw multiplier from 1 to 0.75
- ▼ Increased maximum vertical recoil while unzoomed from 4.5 to 12
- ▼ Increased vertical recoil increase per shot while unzoomed from 0.115 to 0.15
- ▼ Increased minimum horizontal recoil increase per shot while unzoomed from -0.12 to -0.13
- ▼ Increased maximum horizontal recoil increase per shot while unzoomed from 0.12 to 0.13
- ▼ Decreased recoil decrease factor while unzoomed from 18 to 16
- ▼ Increased maximum vertical recoil while zoomed from 4.5 to 15
- ▼ Increased vertical recoil increase per shot while zoomed from 0.115 to 0.159
- ▲ Increased recoil decrease factor while zoomed from 18 to 50
- ▼ Increased recoil multiplier while zoomed from 0.3 to 0.4
- ▼ Rapid Fire Upgrade – Decreased fire rate speed up and max fire rate
- Decreased fire rate increase from 8.6666 RPM per shot to 6 RPM per shot and max rate of fire from 780 RPM to 700 RPM