—Foot Soldier's Battle for Neighborville website description
- For other uses, see Foot Soldier (disambiguation).
Foot Soldier is a recurring character within the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. Foot Soldier was first introduced as a playable character in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and has been usable in every appearance he has made by the player.
Foot Soldier serves as the common foot soldier of Dr. Zomboss' army in the Garden Warfare series, with a "jack of all traits" set of abilities, as well as dealing average damage, having average speed, and average health.
As of Plants vs. Zombies 3, Foot Soldier has appeared in four games.
- Main article: Foot Soldier (PvZ: GW)
Foot Soldier has a prominent role in the Garden Warfare series of shooter games, being the basic class for the zombies, simply meant to vanquish opponents and reach the objective compared to the other classes' more specific roles.
His base abilities are the Zombie Stink Cloud, which throws a stink cloud that deals slight damage to plants and blocks out their vision, Rocket Jump, which lets Foot Soldier reach higher spots, and ZPG, which fires out a heavy-damaging ZPG with heavy splash damage. Foot Soldier wears his ZPG launcher at all times.
As with the other playable classes in the Garden Warfare series, he has numerous character variants based on him, each having their own traits which differentiates them from the standard base character.
- Main article: Foot Soldier Zombie
Foot Soldier Zombie costs 5, has 3/4 , and lacks any traits. When he is played on Heights, he will deal 3 damage to a selected target, which can either be a Plant or the Plant Hero.
- Main article: Foot Soldier (PvZ: BfN)
Foot Soldier once again appears in the third-person shooter game Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. He is an Attack class who specializes in attack versatility. His abilities are mostly the same as the Garden Warfare series, though the Super Stink Cloud, which was originally the alternate ability for the Zombie Stink Cloud is now the main ability, lasting 5 more seconds and taking 15 less seconds to recharge compared to its appearance in the Garden Warfare games.
Unlike in the Garden Warfare series, Foot Soldier no longer has any character variants, but instead has a large number of character upgrades, some of which grant abilities to Foot Soldier's primary weapon and abilities.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Foot Soldier.
- Foot Soldier is missing a shoe, just like many other classes.
- If the player looks closely, the stock of the gun is a boot. This boot might be the one missing from the zombie's foot.
- Plants vs. Zombies Heroes states every Foot Soldier is given only one "combat foot", which might explain why Foot Soldier only wears one shoe.
- The boot is a play-on-words of what the stock of a gun is sometimes referred to as.
- Foot Soldier's helmet resembles the real-life M1 helmet, which was issued to United States military personnel between 1941 - 1985.
- Originally Foot Soldier was going to be a SWAT zombie but this was changed due to not being "funny enough" as quoted by Justin Wiebe.
- Textures of the SWAT zombie and files referencing the character actually exist in the game files of both Garden Warfare and Garden Warfare 2.
- It is confirmed that Foot Soldier and Tank Commander are related, Tank Commander being a distant cousin.