Flat-shroom (平顶菇; pinyin: Píng dǐng gū) is the first plant obtained in Steam Ages in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It can be only planted on sewers, although those planted on steam sewers will get flung out by the steam after a while. It acts as a blocker preventing zombies from entering and exiting the transportational sewers for a limited time, until it gets eaten. It is only usable in Steam Ages. It is an environment modifier.
It is based on a mushroom, the fleshy, spore-bearing fruiting body of a fungus. Its literal name, "Flat Roof Mushroom", is a reference to the fact that the pileus, or cap of the mushroom appears to be flattened.
Note: Flat-shroomm's recharge in-game is Sluggish.
Sun cost: 0
Flat-shrooms can only be planted on the sewer without a manhole cover, making it stop release toxic steam for a while, and it can be destroyed by the zombies in the sewer.
Plant Food upgrade
When fed Plant Food , Flat-shroom launches 1-2 more Flat-shrooms onto any open sewers.
Treat it like a sewer cork that can be destroyed. It does not attack zombies at all and can be eaten if a zombie is in the sewers. It's useful if paired up with Lotus Root because Lotus Root will absorb the initial steam and the steam that appears after Flat-shroom is flung out.
- Due to a coding error, Flat-shroom currently does not affect steam sewers upon being planted on an open steam sewer, yet will also be damaged by the steam.
- Flat-shroom is also supposed to be unable to be eaten by zombies that are on the lawn and only by those exiting the transportational sewers.
- Flat-shroom also occasionally fails to block some of the zombies from entering and exiting the transportational sewers.
- However, if the Lotus Root absorbs the hazardous steam before planting, Flat-shroom will be able to block off the steam for a few seconds.
- It resembles Doom-shroom in terms of appearance.
- Even though it is straight in images, its Seed packet shows it in the position that it is in when it is planted on a sewer.