This level has a unique ambush attack, in which the sap created from Sap-fling causes a Necromancy-like ambush. Defeating zombies quickly should be done so that the ambush zombies are less of a threat. Holo Head Zombie is among the ambush zombies. There are also Mecha-Football Zombies to mess up defenses, and Disco-tron 3000s to put pressure on the field.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|1||1 3 5||None|
|2||1 2 3 4 5||None|
|3||3 5 2 4||First flag; Sap Spawn!; 100% Plant Food|
|5||1 3 5 2 4 2 4||None||100% Plant Food|
|6||2 4 1 2 3 4 5||Second flag; Sap Spawn!|
|7||2 4 1 5 3 4||None|
|8||3 2 4 1 5 2 4 3||Sap Spawn!|
|9||2 3 4 1 5||Third flag; Sap Spawn!; 100% Plant Food|
|10||3 1 2 3 4 5||None|
|11||2 4 1 3 5 2 4||400%/7 Plant Food; Sap Spawn!|
|12||2 4 1 3 5||Final flag; Sap Spawn!|
- Created by Anonymous230385
This strategy requires some premium plants (but are all obtainable through gem purchases), plus an epic quest plant.
- Required plants:
- Twin Sunflower (level does not matter)
- Bonk Choy (my version is level 6, but it might work with lower levels as well)
- Blover (level does not matter)
- Hurrikale (preferably lvl 3, but might work with any level)
- Lava Guava (preferably lvl 3, but might work with any level)
- Shrinking Violet (preferably lvl 3, but might work with any level)
- Gold Bloom (level does not matter)
- Try to build up an early defense with Bonk Choys and Twin Sunflowers but be wary of the Sap Spawn traps, as Holo Head Zombies and otherwise tough enemies can spawn from them.
- Whenever zombies spawn, use Shrinking Violet close to them, as they will be forced to take double the damage now and cut their damage by half.
- Whenever an enemy gets close to one of the Sap-flings, use either Twin Sunflower or Bonk Choy or Lava Guava to delay them, then use a Hurrikale to send them back to column 8. The zombies will ignore Crazy Dave's mold colonies.
- Usually, the premium plants above regenerate quickly, but if in an emergency, Instant Recharge is always helpful.
- Use Blover when large amounts of Jetpack Zombies or Disco Jetpack Zombies appear. Blover recharges quick enough that the airborne zombies shouldn't be a threat.
- If all else fails, feel free to use power ups (even though I never used them)
Strategy 2 - That's Stall, Folks
The goal of this strategy is to stall the zombies for as long as possible, so the zombies from "Sap Spawn!" won't emerge too close to the Sap-fling for you to handle.
Note: Upgrading plants is not needed. However, you have to complete the Rescue the Gold Bloom Epic Quest, along with a certain Pirate Seas, Frostbite Caves and Jurassic Marsh levels to use this strategy.
- Required plants:
- Optional plants:
- Plant Primal Sunflowers, as well as Gold Blooms to gather some early sun. However, do not focus only on planting Primal Sunflowers, save some sun for Primal Peashooters.
- When the zombies come, use Primal Peashooters to deal with some of them, and stall the others with Chard Guards (they should be planted on the 7th column). Keep on planting Primal Sunflowers. When the first huge wave starts, you should have two columns of Primal Sunflowers, a column of Primal Peashooters and a few Chard Guards.
- The first "Sap Spawn!" can cause you some trouble, due to your defenses not fully set up. If a zombie gets too far, push it back with Hurrikale while keeping on with planting Primal Peashooters.
- Once you have two columns of Primal Peashooters, the level should be easier. Note that zombies being knocked back by Primal Peashooters and Chard Guards can be blown away with Blover, so use that tactic to thin out the horde. Replacing Chard Guards and planting Hurrikales are also essential. Later on, you can replace the Primal Sunflowers with Primal Peashooters for more firepower, though that might be unneeded.
- Use Cherry Bombs or Plant Food Chard Guard + Blover occasionally to lower the pressure.
Strategy 3 - Plants of Mass Destruction
- Created by SCAF 2.0
- Required Plants:
Note: Your Stallia should be upgraded to level 5 so that it gets its special ability.
- Plant five Twin Sunflowers on the third column. Plant five Chard Guards on the fourth column before the first few zombies invades your lawn deeply.
- Try to use Blover when your Chard Guards knock some zombies into the air.
- When Stallia reaches level 5, it gets a special ability to make zombies in its range airborne. Use Blover then plant Stallia where a horde of zombies are.
- Plant Primal Potato Mine to eliminate zombies in his range. Remember that he is vulnerable to the zombie attacks when he is preparing to arm.
- If there are too many zombies on your lawn, use Plant Food on Spring Bean to make all zombies in screen airborne, and use Blover to blow them away.
- Mecha-Football Zombies can be killers if they made their access to your defense line. Deal with them quickly.
Strategy 4 - Modernized Strategy
- Created by Battlealvin2009
- Required Plants:
- Plant Moonflowers on Column 4 (Three columns left from the Sap-fling), Dusk Lobbers on Column 3 (Two columns left from the Sap-fling), Nightshades on Column 5. You're done.
- Plant Grimrose when Zombies ate the Nightshades, but only use it on Moonflower-powered tiles.
- E.M.Peach just in case.
- And finally Spring Bean Blover combo only when you see another Plant-food Zombie on the field so that you'll always have an extra Plant Food just in case.
Strategy 5 - Just bash it!
- Created by Comicboss4000
- Required plants:
- First plant a column of Sun-shrooms.
- Kill the first few zombies with Celery Stalker or Lava Guava (slowing them down with Stallia or stalling them is also recommended).
- If there is a point where a sap spawn occurs or many Holo Head Zombies and Mecha-Football Zombies are in a group, use Cherry Bomb or Plant Food on a Bonk Choy. You can also use Celery Stalker or Lava Guava to damage them. Additionally, using Stallia on them is highly recommended.
- Use Bonk Choy as a supporting plant to damage zombies as they get damaged by other instant-use plants.
- This level, Ancient Egypt - Day 35 and Beghouled Blitz - Step 3 are the only levels to feature a special-edition premium plant.
- This is the only level to have a unique ambush that doesn't appear elsewhere.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest