Explody Bot is a Spawnable Zombie bot in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He is a bot carrying what appears to be a small jack-in-the-box which can create a giant explosion around it, dealing massive damage to plants.
Its attack is named Explosiony, dealing 250 damage in a close range burst.
It is the zombie counterpart of the Doom-shroom.
Garden Warfare 2
CLOSE RANGE: EXPLOSIVE
Explody Bot is super-psyched to share his birthday gift with all of his nearest Plant friends.
Battle for Neighborville
Explodes, damaging plants in proximity, but is completely defenseless until it gets a new gift.
In other languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||Robô Explosivo|
- It seems to be almost directly based on the Jack-in-the-Box Zombie, due to the fact that they both carry a Jack-in-the-box that then explodes, taking out nearby plants.
- It may be a reference to Jokey Smurf from The Smurfs franchise, and how he always carries an exploding present to give to the other Smurfs, similarly to what Explody Bot's description states about sharing his present with the plants.
- Its Jack-In-A-Box has a small black bomb in it, which is the cause of the Jack-In-A-Box exploding. After it explodes, it reaches behind its own back, puts out a new bomb and puts it in the Jack-In-A-Box.
- It wears a party hat, referencing his description about his Jack-in-the-box being his Birthday gift.
- Unusually, it does 25% more damage (50 more to be exact) than its counterpart, the Doom-shroom.
- Despite being robotic, this bot is not stunned for longer than usual by the Citron's EMPeach.