- For other uses, see Explode-o-Nut (disambiguation).
Explode-o-nut is an explosive version of the Wall-nut. Once it hits a zombie, they explode in a 3x3 area, similar to the area of a Cherry Bomb, dealing 1800 damage per shot to any zombie(s) caught in the blast.
Explode-o-nut only appears in Level 1-5, Wall-nut Bowling, Wall-nut Bowling 2, and Co-op Bowling; all Wall-nut Bowling levels. They don't cost any sun, as the Wall-nut Bowling games are conveyor-belt levels. They bowl forwards like regular Wall-nuts and explode on contact with zombies.
In some versions of the game they can be obtained as a reward in most other levels for watching an ad, which behave the same as in the Wall-nut Bowling.
The "explode" part comes from the fact they explode on contact with zombies due to the nitroglycerin in their core.
- Note: The following almanac entry was created using official text from the Plants vs. Zombies: Sticker Album book and does not appear in-game.
Because of their 3x3 range, it is recommended to save them for huge waves or groups of zombies. They will blow up the instant they touch a zombie, so launch them in the middle of a horde, not the front. They are powerful enough to immediately destroy any zombie (except the Gargantuar and Zomboni; the latter takes damage from the explosion as one Wall-nut), making them great opponents for tougher zombies like the Buckethead Zombie, Screen Door Zombie, or Gargantuar.
To make full use of the explosion area, instead of rolling them at a group of zombies, wait until the group of zombies crosses the line far enough and plant one in the middle of them. Also, roll them on the second and fourth lanes when a flat wave of zombies comes, as they will instantly blow up large amounts of zombies on the screen (excluding Gargantuars and Zombonis).
- They are the only explosive plant that cannot harm zombies that are above the ground, because other explosives can hit zombies while jumping or Balloon Zombies.
- Through hacking, it is possible to place them on any level, but they do what a regular Wall-nut would do. However, they will not degrade. Though in the Android version, the player can only use Imitater forms of them in normal levels due to a glitch.
- Explode-o-nut and Cherry Bomb both explode with the "POWIE!" onomatopoeia.
- They, Giant Sunflower, Giant Marigold and Giant Wall-nut are the only plants in Plants vs. Zombies that do not have a Suburban Almanac entry.
- The shade of red for them in-game is different than the shade of red on their seed packet.
- This is especially noticeable on the seed packet for the iOS and Android versions of the game.
- Since the 1.1.74 update of the free Android and iOS version, players can watch up to two advertisements per level to get an Explode-o-nut. The Explode-o-nut acts the same as they do in the mini-game Wall-nut Bowling when played.
- If the Imitater form of an Explode-o-nut is placed in a level, the red and silver filters will stack and the plant will appear a slightly lighter shade of red. However, the seed packet for an Imitater Explode-o-nut will not show the silver filter over the plant, so it will appear as a normal Explode-o-nut.