Engineer is a playable zombie class in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. He is a Support class. His ability set from previous games has also been completely changed to better suit his support role; his Sonic Grenade has been replaced with the Bullhorn Swarm, his Big Bolt Blaster is now a deployable sentry turret called the Heavy Helper which shoots plants while also increasing the damage output of nearby zombies instead of a gatling ability, and his Jackhammer has been replaced with Double Time (while his Jackhammer is now his sprint, though the Engineer will still be immune to Burrow). In addition, the Concrete Launcher's projectiles now bounce on walls before exploding.
Engineers build stuff that provides speed boosts and increased firepower to support the team.
Engineer's primary weapon is the Concrete Launcher, which fires explosive concrete chunks that bounce off walls before detonating. Each chunk of concrete deals 36 impact damage and 22 splash damage. The Concrete Launcher can be fired 10 times before needing to be reloaded.
|Deploy a group of stunning megaphones to block an area and unburrow Chompers.|
|Create a sentry turret that also buffs nearby allies' weapon power.|
|Deploy a speed boost pad.|
Use jump and abilities while reviving.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 30% when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of overhealth for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
While sprinting, knock enemies away with jackhammer.
Jackhammer knocks enemies 2m (6.56 ft) upward and 10m (32.81 ft) backward in a trapezoid area: (1.) Length: 4m (13.12 ft); (2.) Near width and far width: 2m (6.56 ft); (3.) Height: 3m (9.84 ft).
Increased health of deployed Bullhorns.
Increases Bullhorn Swarm health by 100% (to 20 HP)
Gain health by reviving an ally.
Grants 75 HP upon reviving an ally.
Concrete Launcher's projectile bounce more before detonating.
Concrete Launcher bounces five times before exploding.
Longer duration of Double Time speed boost.
Increases Double Time speed boost duration by 1 second (to 3.5 seconds).
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Move faster after spawning or being revived.
Increases movement speed by 55% for 6 seconds after respawning or being revived.
Increased range of Concrete Launcher.
Increases Concrete Launcher projectile speed by 30%.
Jump higher on jackhammer while sprinting.
Increases the jump height with jackhammer by 50%.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 3 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Damage by Heavy Helper reveals enemy health bar to Engineer.
Health bar remains on screen for 3 seconds after being hit by Heavy Helper.
Cover larger area with Bullhorn Swarm.
Extends range of combat buff from Heavy Helper.
Increases Heavy Helper buff radius by 25% (to 10m (32.81 ft))
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%
Move faster for a short time after receiving damage.
Increases movement speed by 15% for 1.65 seconds upon taking damage. Stacks up to 4 times for a maximum of 50% movement speed increase.
Rally the Troops
Faster refresh time on all abilities when allies use Double Time.
Reduces ally ability cooldown by 2 seconds upon using Double Time. This effect has a 2-second cooldown between each activation.
Gain increased damage aura for a short time after a vanquish streak of three.
Activates a damage aura with a 5m radius upon vanquishing 3 enemies without dying. Increases damage by 20% and lasts for 7 seconds.
Engineer is a very helpful asset to your team. His Double Time can give him and other zombies a speed boost, allowing you to rush into objectives or to retreat faster. His Concrete Launcher now bounces off of walls, allowing you to trickshot your enemies in wall-based areas. His Bullhorn Swarm can home in to enemies and multiple Bullhorns can stun you longer, making him a threat in mid to close combat. The Heavy Helper is very useful because of its damage and ammo buff that it gives to the zombies.
Engineer proves to be a tricky character to vanquish one-on-one due to abilities like Bullhorn Swarm and Double Time which can paralyze you and provide an escape for Engineer. It is heavily advised to not try and attempt to vanquish Engineer with the Chomper, as the Engineer is designed to directly counter them. His Heavy Helper is very dangerous, as it has above-average health, damage and has aimbot, plus it gives zombies a damage and extra ammo buff. That being said, his large size and easy hitbox makes the Cactus, Sunflower and Rose effective counters to the Engineer. The Cactus can snipe the Engineer with a fully charged shot, the Sunflower and Rose's above-average speed and damage can make attack them very hard. Just keep your distance from him, and he should be easy to take out.
Tips & Tricks
When Engineer is sprinting any Zombie behind him gets a small speed boost which stacks with more Engineers, it's great for getting to the objective faster.
- ▲ Remove strafe and back pedal speed modifier when sprinting
- ▲ Remove activation delay of 0.1 when sprinting
- ▲ Fix issue with incorrect stun amount being added for additional horns hitting target after the first with the Bullhorn Swarm. Net result is reduced stun duration
- ▼ Decrease Heavy Helper firing range 45m->40m
- ▲ Increase Concrete Launcher direct damage 5.2->12.8
- ▲ Increase Concrete Launcher splash damage 22->25
- ▼ Decrease Concrete Launcher splash damage radius 3.5->2.5
- ▼ Decrease Concrete Launcher shockwave radius 3.75->3.2
- ▲ Increase Concrete Launcher ammo capacity 8->10
- ▼ Decrease Bullhorn Swarm initial stun time 0.5->0.35
- ▼ Decrease Bullhorn Swarm additional stun time 0.35->0.175
- ▲ Fixed collision check when attempting to deploy Double Time (easier to deploy)
- Bullhorn Swarm
- Adjust trajectory to be more center screen aligned
- ▲ Decrease gravity of initial projectile
- Upgrade Turbo Charge
- Remove UI health element
- Upgrade Rally the Troops
- Fix issue with missing refresh reduction
- ▲ Increase refresh reduction 1->4.5 sec
- Upgrade Double Time
- Fix issue with proper speed blending
- ▼ Decrease shockwave radius 3.2->2.75 m
- ▲ Switch to automatic fire
- Bullhorn Swarm
- ▲ Can now cancel Snapdragon’s Swoop Slam
- Double Time
- ▲ Strafe multiplier 1.04->1.5x
- ▲ Backwards 0.5->1.5x
- ▼ Decrease speed multiplier 1.8->1.5x
- ▲ Normalize speed multiplier in all directions at 1.5x
- Upgrade Seismic
- ▲ Increase knockback area dimensions, length 4->6 m, width 2->5.5 m
- ▲ Decrease time between knockbacks after landing 2->0.5 sec