Enchant-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, he randomly hypnotizes two zombies, with the power and number of zombies hypnotized increasing with each level upgrade. He can also boost any Enchant-mint's family plants on the lawn by increasing the effectiveness of their properties, such as zombie health-healing after being hypnotized and zombie-weakening properties.
Enchant-mint family plants include:
Like other Power Mints, Enchant-mint cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. He remains on the lawn for 11 seconds at Level 1.
His name is a portmanteau of "enchantment," the act of putting someone or something under a spell, referring to the fact that he hypnotizes zombies, and "mint."
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
SPECIAL: Zombie Healing
Enchant-mints randomly hypnotize a number of zombies and provide a temporary boost to all Enchant-mint Family plants on the lawn.
Enchant-mint Family plants:
"I just love musical theater," says Enchant-mint. Yeah, it doesn't have much to do with magic or his abilities or strategic strengths, but it's a fact. He just likes the songs.
While boosted by Enchant-mint, the following plants gain the following effects:
- Caulipower will restore hypnotized zombies to 125% of their max HP.
- Hypno-shroom's HP will increase by 300 DPS, and he will restore hypnotized zombies to 125% of their max HP.
- Intensive Carrot will revive plants to additional 125% of their max HP.
- Shrinking Violet's damage multiple will increase by 3 times.
- Witch Hazel's transformation rate will decrease to 10 seconds, her zaps do an additional 1800 DPS, her Plant Food effect will do an additional 3000 DPS, and all plants she transforms will be at level 10. Finally, her transformations are different. She ll transform zombies into Fume-shrooms instead of Puff-shrooms (transforming them into Toadstools starting at level 7), and her Plant Food effect will transform zombies into Hypno-shrooms.
- Zoybean Pod will produce Melonhead Zomboids instead of regular Zomboids, its zombie growth time is decreased to 8 seconds, and the Zomboids will spawn at level 3 (level 4 from the Plant Food effect).
Note that Enchant-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|1||0||0||85 seconds||11 seconds||100000 dps||2||50%|
|2||100||80 seconds||12 seconds||2||60%|
|3||150||80 seconds||13 seconds||3||60%|
|4||200||75 seconds||14 seconds||3||60%|
|5||300||75 seconds||15 seconds||4||70%|
|6||400||75 seconds||16 seconds||4||70%|
|7||500||70 seconds||17 seconds||5||70%|
|8||600||70 seconds||18 seconds||5||80%|
|9||800||70 seconds||19 seconds||6||90%|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||20 seconds||6||100%|
Enchant-mint is heavily dependent on his family plants, as all he does is hypnotize a couple of zombies, which often times doesn't make enough of a dent in the zombie horde in most levels to matter. However, the opposite happens when paired with some plants in his family. In particular, Enchant-mint works well with Witch Hazel, as she will turn zombies into Fume-shrooms or Toadstools at higher levels, and Zoybean Pod, which will create Melonhead Zomboids when boosted, which can often tear through hordes of zombies with the support of other Enchant-mint family plants.
Enchant-mint is a very powerful plant in Arena due to his effect ignoring the zombie's toughness when other plants such as Peashooters will struggle to damage them (Similar to Caulipower). Besides hypnotizing a couple of zombies, his plant family contains some of the most powerful plants in Arena, such as Caulipower, Shrinking Violet, and Witch Hazel. The boosts that the plants receive can vary from being very powerful to almost nothing; Caulipower's hypnotized zombies are stronger, while Shrinking Violet causes all shrunken zombie to receive significantly more damage. Hypno-shroom and Intensive Carrot are affected very little by Enchant-mint. However, these plants are sometimes banned in Arena, so it may not be worth it bringing Enchant-mint if that is the case.
It is not recommended to bring Enchant-mint in levels where you can't lose plants, since he will disappear after a while.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Enchant-mint.
- He has the longest base duration of all mints, tied with Ail-mint, at 11 seconds and 20 seconds at max level.
- His almanac entry states that he can boost Power Lily, Imitater, and Tile Turnip, all of which are bugged as they don't even reccieve boosts from Enchant-Mint.
- He is the mint which has the least amount of plants within their plant family, with each only having six plants.
- On October 15th 2019, Enchant-mint randomly became available to purchase with mints. This was presumably an error, as he was replaced with Pepper-mint the following day.
- However, players who managed to buy it before the replacement will still keep it.