Electro Pea is the Super Rare electric variant of the Peashooter in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He deals electric damage to his opponents, which means that when his projectile hits a zombie, the damage will arc and harm other nearby zombies as well. Like Petrified Cactus and Captain Cannon, he can detonate his peas in mid-air for even more damage.
As the most electrifying Plant in PvZ entertainment, you can always count on Electro Pea to make a bad pun about how charged-up he is.
Push the fire button while shots are airborne to trigger an extra large electric explosion!
- Easy: 75
- Normal: 100
- Hard: 125
- CRAAAAZY: 150
The Electro Pea's primary weapon is the Electro Cannon. It deals 20-30 impact and critical damage depending on the distance. It will also deal 10-25 splash damage. In addition to this, it will deal 16 electric arc damage. The Electro Cannon can also manually detonate itself dealing 27 damage and the aforementioned electric arc damage.
- The ammo clip is 8 (9 if upgraded).
- The chain lightning damage is 5-10.
- The splash damage is 10.
- The detonated damage at all ranges is 27.
- The middle range impact damage is between 23 and 25.
- The close range impact & critical damage is 30.
- The mid range impact & critical damage is 25.
- The long range impact & critical damage is 20.
Chili Bean Bomb
|The Zombies often confuse the Chili Bean with Brainz, racing to eat it. It has a short fuse and deals massive damage to all nearby Zombies.|
Sombrero Bean Bomb
|Nothing says "hot" like a Chili Bean wearing a sombrero! The fuse is quite long, but the damage is mighty impressive. Timing is the key with this fun friend.|
Dark Bean Bomb
|These Dark Bean Bombs come in pairs. Perfect when you toss out a Bean, and then immediately need to toss out another!|
|The Peashooter can dig into the ground and root himself in place, turning himself into a Pea Gatling. He can deal more damage, but is vulnerable to attack.|
|Retro Pea Gatling uses the ancient Peashooter techniques of manually cranking out peas. Although it has a slower rate of fire, the peas are ancient and far more damaging.|
|Bling Gatling Pea spits out sparkly bling peas, and he looks great doing it!|
|When a Peashooter uses his Hyper ability, he will not only run incredibly fast, but can also jump extremely high.|
Super Pea Jump
|The Super Pea Jump allows the Peashooter to get atop places he was unable to reach before, but at the tradeoff of speed.|
Health Regeneration Delay Upgrade
This upgrade decreases the delay before health regeneration begins!
This upgrade increases the zoom distance of your primary weapon!
Health Regeneration Upgrade
This upgrade increases how quickly your health regenerates!
This upgrade allows you to move faster!
This upgrade decreases your reload time!
This upgrade increases the number of times you can fire before reloading!
This upgrade increases your primary weapon damage!
This upgrade increases your maximum health!
It has a somewhat high learning curve compared to the others, but this leads to a greater damage potential. Due to the detonation mechanic, players who regularly spam peas from long range will find it difficult to use this Peashooter in that way; two shots cannot be on screen at the same time.
However, patient players may find this long-ranged tactic very effective for dealing widespread electric damage if they can master the timing of detonating, especially in objective modes such as Turf Takeover or Suburbination. Or Alternatively, staying in vantage points close to the enemy base (for example in Turf Takeover) can solve such problem. Whatsoever, staying near the enemy might expose yourself, so duck behind cover consistantly like how you play a sniper. Focus on imps as they're much easier to hit using your primary weapon, and they will cause problems to your team anyway.
More impatient players may use a more close-ranged tactic. Stay slightly outside of a Chomper's range between you and your enemy, and mash your shoot button. This allows the shots to travel a small way forward and detonate. The detonation, if used in a crowded area, may hit many zombies at once. Keep an eye on both your health and your ammo; should either of these become low or run out at a bad time, you could risk being vanquished.
For the close-ranged strategy above, the most suitable upgrades would be any of the following:
- Speed, to capitalize on its already increased speed.
- Health, to improve its survivability in close-combat situations.
- Reload or Ammo, to be able to put out shots faster and ensure you are rarely caught unprepared.
As always, the combination of upgrades depends on how you play. If these upgrades don't work for you, try different combinations.
Electro Pea is very dangerous to come by, as it is a very powerful character. Players usually like to use Hyper and jump up and down in the air (Pogo peas). This, combined with him having the smallest plant hitbox, makes him very hard to hit, while he vanquishes you with his splash damage or by his manual detonation. However, Electro Pea players generally use their manual detonation as a crutch, mashing their shoot buttons instead of an actual strategic ability. Superheroes are a suitable preference for effective countering electro pea, but aware of them when it's in gatling mode - it might vanquish you in seconds.
This combined with his already-limited range (thanks to his manual detonation mechanic) limits Electro Pea to close-ranged fights, so it is best to attack him from a distance. Take care though, as the Electro Pea could be able to reach you quickly using Hyper.
- ▲ Increased projectile movement speed.
- ▲ Increased manual detonation explosion damage
- ▲ Increased damage on detonation from 25 to 30
- ▲ Increased regular splash damage from 15 to 18
- ▲ Increased regular splash radius from 2 to 2.5
- ▼ Decreased detonation damage from 30 to 27
- ▼ Decreased detonation radius from 4 to 3.5
- ▼ Decreased regular splash damage from 18 to 16
In other languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||Ervilha Elétrica|
- Electro Pea could be the reason why the Plasma Pea was redesigned, to prevent the two Peashooters from looking too similar.
- In Infinity Time, there is a larger version of Electro Pea known as Mass Pea, first introduced when the imposter Gnomus the Green reaches 50% health. Its primary weapon is a 3/4 shot burst opposed to Electro Pea's manually detonatable shots. It can also root into the ground and use a stronger version of Pea Gatling, as well as summon 2 to 3 Electro Peas to aid itself.
- Electro Pea also has a different reticle than other Peashooters. The same goes for Law Pea and Agent Pea.
- The Electro Pea's reticle is similar to the Scientist's reticle. The difference between the two is that the edges on Electro Pea's reticle are more jagged, and tilt 90 degrees to the right when a shot is fired. It will tilt 90 degrees to the left again if the shot hits something or it is detonated in mid-air.
- The reticle and its behavior is shared by Captain Cannon's Extend-O-Cannon and Petrified Cactus.
- There is a bug in which sometimes when the player is vanquished by the Electro Pea, the weapon they were vanquished by is shown to be "Electric Needle", the primary weapon of the Power Cactus, instead of "Electro Cannon", the actual name of Electro Pea's primary weapon.
- This same bug also occurs with Centurion, except it says Flame Pulse, the primary weapon of the Fire Flower, instead of Flame Bolt.
- This seems to happen only when a player is vanquished with the electric effect of the weapon; damage spreading from one target to a second target; killing the second target
- He is one of three manual detonation characters in the game, the others being Petrified Cactus and Captain Cannon.
- He resembles, and could be the inspiration for Electric Peashooter in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Electric Peashooter also reuses sounds from when the Electro Pea fires.