Apart from being able to spread damage to multiple nearby enemies, the Electro Charger can also be charged up to release a powerful shot, similarly to Plasma Pea and Future Cactus. However, doing this will require 8 ammo, which is 1/3 of the maximum 24-ammo supply of the weapon. He was first teased in the Aloe 5: Gardening spoof image but was later shown in solo-play gameplay video of Solo Ops.
Electro Citron tells people that his mask is to conceal his secret identity, but it's really just part of an elaborate grounding system that prevents him from shocking himself every time he blinks.
Hold down fire to charge his primary attack across three distinct power levels!
- Easy: 120
- Normal: 160
- Hard: 200
- CRAAAAAZY: 240
The Electro Citron's primary weapon is the Electro Charger. It is a chargeable, single shot weapon.
- First Charge Shot:
- Long-range Direct Hit: 3.5
- Close-range Direct Hit: 7
- Blast Damage: None
- Second Charge Shot:
- Close-range Direct Hit: 50
- Long-range Direct Hit: 22
- Blast Damage:15
- Third Charge Shot:
- Close-range Direct Hit: 75
- Long-Range Direct Hit: 37
- Blast Damage: 25
While in Assault Mode
|More than just a robotic peach with a cute name, the EMPeach has been specially designed to stun Zombies, and especially Z-Mechs!|
|Who wouldn't want to transform into a ball and roll past all of life's problems? The Citron doesn't just roll, he dashes into foes and rolls with super speed and super style.|
Party Citron Ball
|The Party Ball is just the average Citron Ball we all know and love, but with 110% more party!|
|Harnessing cutting edge bio-citronics, the Peel Shield absorbs all incoming damage while still allowing you to shoot through it!|
|Stronger than its Peel Shield counterpart, this shield can withstand more incoming damage, but has a much shorter duration. It also changes color so you know when it's almost destroyed!|
While in Citron Ball
|Activate futuristic ball technology to temporarily increase your movement speed and jump capabilities!|
|Citron goes back into his normal form, allowing Citron to shoot again, and replacing Hyper Ball and Spin Dash with EMPeach and Peel Shield.|
|Charge, then launch yourself at your enemies to inflict big damage!|
Electro Citron fills the niche that many Electric variants try to fill, which is the anti-team role. If enemies are bunched together and you fire a fully charged shot at one of the players in the middle of the group, you can do damage to your target and the zombies around them. The biggest downside to this Citron is the limited ammo, if you tend to use his fully charged shot, you will find yourself reloading often as the level three charge eats up a third of your ammo, in return for very massive damage, making this variant very capable of clearing out hordes of AI zombies, or players who are standing together at a heal station. Imps in particular make good targets, due to the surprisingly generous splash damage on the charger and their extremely low health. Be warned, Electro Citron is almost useless at long and medium range. Try not to attract too much attention as your damage output is not as good as most zombie classes even at close range. Traveling with other plants is recommended.
If you're low on health, avoid standing close to your allies as Electro Citron doesn't necessarily have to shoot you to finish you off. Keep your distance, and use cover as much as possible to avoid getting hit. Luckily, this Citron in particular has a much harder time defending itself at pretty much all ranges. Try to vanquish it at long or medium range to avoid taking much damage. If you are skilled enough, you could get right up in his face to quickly take him out. Electro citrons uncharged shots don't do much damage, yet most players will use it anyway during a close range fight.
- ▲ Made bone-collision changes to reduce size of Citron’s critical hit area
- ▲ Citron can now fire sooner after coming out of Ball Form
- ▼ Removed movement speed penalty from transition into and out of Citron Ball Form Mode
- ▲ Standard Shot: Increased close range/long range damage from 4.5/2.5 - 8/6
- ▼ Mid-Charged Shot: Reduced close range/long range impact damage from 25/15 - 20/10
- ▼ Reduced falloff start/end distance from 30/60 - 20/50
- ▼ Max-Charged Shot: Reduced close range/long range impact damage from 35/25 - 30/20
- ▼ Reduced falloff start/end distance from 40/80 - 30/60
- ▲ Increased 2nd charge shot from 20/10 – 25/15
- ▲ Increased 3rd charge impact damage from 30/20 – 35/25
- ▲ Reduced reload time from 2.5 - 2.25
- ▲ Reduced ammo reduction per 2nd charge shot from 6 – 4
- ▲ Reduced ammo reduction per 3rd charge shot from 12 – 8
- ▲ Increased close/far damage from 8/6 - 10/8 for regular shot.
- ▲ Increased splash damage of first charged shot from 25 - 30
- ▲ Increased splash damage of second charged shot from 40 - 45
- ▼ Decreased splash damage of first charged shot from 30 - 25 (also affects impact damage)
- ▼ Decreased inner splash radius of first charged shot from 3 - 2
- ▼ Decreased splash radius of first charged shot from 4 - 3
- ▼ Decreased splash damage of second charged shot from 45 - 40 (also affects impact damage)
- ▼ Decreased inner splash radius of second charged shot from 3.5 - 2.5
- ▼ Decreased splash radius of second charged shot from 5 - 4
- ▼ Reduced the Electro Charger's long range uncharged shot damage from 8 - 3.5
- ▼ Reduced the Electro Charger's long range medium charge shot impact damage from 40 - 22
- ▼ Reduced the Electro Charger's medium charge splash damage from 25 - 15
- ▼ Reduced the Electro Charger's long range max charge impact damage from 65 - 37
- ▼ Reduced the Electro Charger's max charge splash damage from 40 - 25
- His weapon uses the original 32-ammo clip that was planned for Citron, unlike most other variants which just shoot a laser with infinite ammo. This was later reduced to 24.
- According to his Stickerbook description, if he blinks while not wearing his mask, he shocks himself.