The Electrician Zombie leads the charge with his Volt-O-Blaster - electrifying Plants that get in his way.
Shots from his Volt-O-Blaster deal electric damage, arcing across multiple Plants!
Electrician's primary weapon is the Volt-O-Blaster. The facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon.
- The damage per hit at all ranges base and critical is 37.
- The max DPS at all ranges is 52.2.
- The splash damage at all ranges is 10.
- The weapon deals arc damage. When a hit is made with the weapon, it will arc and hit nearby targets dealing 10 damage to them.
- The ammo in a clip is 12.
- The reload time is 2.8 seconds.
- The projectile speed is slow.
- The weapon is semi-auto.
- The bloom is low.
Proximity Sonic Mine
An alternate ability of the Sonic Grenade, the Proximity Sonic Mine is a landmine which can stun plants for about five seconds when they come close to it. It makes Chompers come out of their Burrow ability if they are using it. This can be very useful for defending a teleporter or trying to escape from plants.
The Jackhammer allows for quicker movement but at the cost at not being able to use your other abilities, though you can still fire your primary weapon, and if you bump into a plant, the plant will suffer knockback and light damage.
An alternate ability of the Jackhammer, the Turbo Jackhammer functions the same as the Jackhammer except that it travels faster, but lasts for a shorter amount of time.
Zombot Drone - GW1 Only
Rocket Drone - GW1 Only
Big Bolt Blaster - GW2 Only
Bedazzled Bolt Blaster - GW2 Only
With a supercharged reloader the reload times are greatly enhanced.
Power Converter Upgrade
Extra Ammo Capacity gained through picking up these power converters.
Super Electron Damage
Super electrons added to increase damage.
Like the Plumber, the Electrician is most effective when dealing with plants in groups. However, unlike the Plumber, the Electrician deals less splash damage, but actually has an electric shock where two plants could deal seven to ten damage with the mentioned shock. Also unlike the Plumber, his weapon has more ammo in its clip. The Electrician can deal up to 37 damage, more than a Plumber or basic Engineer, but not as high as the Painter or Sanitation Expert. The Electrician likely will have maxed effectiveness in Gardens & Graveyards, Gnome Bomb, Taco Bandits and Suburbination. In G&G, Gnome Bomb and Suburbination there is a possibility there will be a group of plants together. The electric shock can deal damage to two of the plants at the same time, allowing for easier vanquishes. In Taco Bandits, the same rules apply there, instead, the plants will be guarding their tacos, and plus a few plants might chase after the teammate carrying the taco. In Gnome Bomb, his primary weapon forces plants to split up when rushing to the tombstones on the map, allowing you to single out the bomber and vanquish him accordingly. It has the same ammo and splash damage as a Peashooter. Use your Sonic Grenades/Sonic Mines to stun plants, especially Chompers.
This variant can be a pain like the Plumber and the Mechanic. To avoid the above-mentioned electric shock, try to move further from your teammates. As usual, Spikeweeds/Spiky Spikeweeds from the Chomper, Potato Mines/Potato Nugget Mines from the Cactus and Chili Bean Bombs/Sombrero Bean Bombs from the Peashooter can work against him. Try to use rooted abilities where the Electrician cannot see you. Using Burrow also works, but remember as he can likely throw out Sonic Grenades/Proximity Sonic Mines to avoid being chomped. As he can be deadly and such, goop the Electrician to minimize his effectiveness.
- In Garden Ops, he appears during a Super Giga Gargantuar wave, and in Crazy difficulty.
- The same applies to most electrical variants.
- He has been redesigned in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, with his overalls and hat being orange, his shirt being turquoise, and his mustache being removed, like most of the other Engineer variants
- The Electrician is also extremely effective in the Crazy Targets Range (found in the Sewers below the Flag of power), especially when combined with Turbo Jackhammer.