Electric Blueberry is a premium plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2 thematically tied to Side B of Neon Mixtape Tour. She was first showcased in Piñata Parties advertising the aforementioned world update. She was released in the international version on September 15, 2015 and also was released in late August 2015 in the Chinese version alongside Sky City as a monthly special plant.
Approximately every 12 seconds (10 seconds for the first time), Electric Blueberry creates a thundercloud that has 55% chance to target a normal zombie, 40% for a unique zombie, or 5% for a Gargantuar on the lawn (1x7 area in the Chinese version) and electrocutes it with a blast of lightning, dealing 5000 damage in one lightning strike or doing 400 damage in the Chinese version.
If there are no targets available, the cloud will just disappear. The chance of her to target stronger zombies increases through level upgrades. She will not attack destructible grid items.
Electric Blueberry is based on the blueberry, a plant from the Cyanococcus section of Vaccinium native to North America.
Her name is possibly a pun for the musical genre "electric blues," a type of blues music that uses electrical amplification, given that the plant is attached with Neon Mixtape Tour and therefore its 1980's theme. It could also be a pun on the color of the same name.
SUN COST: 150
Special: Target Stronger Zombie
RANGE: Full Board
Electric Blueberries randomly electrocute zombies every so often.
Electric Blueberry prides herself for being eclectic as well as electric. "I like to keep'em guessing," she says. "A zombie should always be like, 'Whoa, didn't see that coming,' when they're disintegrated."
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Electric Blueberry will quickly produce a thundercloud with no visual distinction from normal ones. However, this cloud can target up to three zombies before fading; if there are no zombies on the lawn, the cloud will fade away in an identical manner to regular ones.
When boosted by Fila-mint, Electric Blueberry's targeting will change based on her level. If Electric Blueberry is already at level 10, Fila-mint will do nothing.
At level 1, Electric Blueberry will target a Gargantuar 12.5% of the time, a normal zombie 42.5% of the time, and other zombies 45% of the time. At level 2-3, she will target a Gargantuar 12.5% of the time, a normal zombie 40% of the time, and other zombies 47.5% of the time. At level 4-5, she will target a Gargantuar 15% of the time, a normal zombie 37.5% of the time, and other zombies 47.5% of the time. At level 6-7, she will target a Gargantuar 15% of the time, a normal zombie 35% of the time, and other zombies 50% of the time. At level 8-9, she will target a Gargantuar 17.5% of the time, a normal zombie 32.5% of the time, and other zombies 50% of the time.
(Target Stronger Zombie)*
|Basic zombie||Unique zombie||Gargantuar|
|1||0||0||150||45 seconds||15 seconds||300 dps||55%||40%||5%||Full Board|
|2||10||1,000||150||44 seconds||15 seconds||350 dps||50%||45%||5%|
|3||25||2,500||150||43 seconds||14 seconds||400 dps||50%||45%||5%|
|4||50||5,000||150||42 seconds||14 seconds||450 dps||45%||45%||10%|
|5||100||10,000||125||40 seconds||13 seconds||550 dps||45%||45%||10%|
|6||200||20,000||125||39 seconds||13 seconds||600 dps||40%||50%||10%|
|7||400||30,000||125||38 seconds||12 seconds||650 dps||40%||50%||10%|
|8||800||50,000||125||37 seconds||12 seconds||700 dps||35%||50%||15%|
|9||1,200||75,000||125||36 seconds||11 seconds||800 dps||35%||50%||15%|
|10||1,600||100,000||100||35 seconds||10 seconds||900 dps||30%||50%||20%|
*Applies to both normal and Plant Food state.
- Chance to Boost
- Damage Pierce
The thundercloud now shrink zombies that is zapped by its lightning, similar to Shrinking Violet.
Electric Blueberry is undoubtedly a very powerful plant, being one of the few plants capable of instantly killing a full-health Gargantuar. However, the length of time she takes to make a cloud, alongside the very slow recharge speed and the randomization of the targeted zombies, make it hard to plant enough Electric Blueberries to be used on her own for harder levels, although Imitater can be used to partially remedy the recharge problem. Therefore, Electric Blueberry should be used as a secondary attack plant to deal with high health targets. Do not use this as your primary offense as fast zombies can quickly overwhelm her.
Electric Blueberry pairs particularly well with:
- Strong defensive plants like Tall-nut.
- Multi-targeting plants that can quickly defeat weaker enemies such as Phat Beet, Snapdragon, and Laser Bean.
Electric Blueberry is a powerful choice in Last Stand levels, since her recharge speed is no longer a concern and the plant herself is relatively cheap, allowing several to be planted at a time. She works best in levels like Far Future - Day 22 where zombies are not in such large numbers and have a large amount of health instead, but it is difficult to use on her own in levels like Wild West - Day 18 where extremely large numbers of weak zombies spawn during the level.
Take note that two strikes from Electric Blueberry are needed in order for an Electric Blueberry to take down a full health Jurassic Gargantuar. The Jurassic Gargantuar has 400 more health than the damage the plant deals, though Jurassic Gargantuar will launch its Jurassic Imp, which can be easily dispatched by a Blover, pushed back by Hurrikale. Shrinking Violet can also be used, allowing the Electric Blueberry to deal at least 2x the damage and kill the Gargantuar instantly.
Electric Blueberry is a great choice against Boombox Zombies in Neon Mixtape Tour. When Boombox Zombie plays his jam, other zombies are slowed, giving her an advantage to destroy some threats. In addition, she is completely immune to the immobilization. However, you should pair her with Phat Beet and knockback plants such as Chard Guard as groups of zombies can still overwhelm her. Do not use her when Boombox Zombie appears in Modern Day as zombies are not slowed by the jam.
Avoid using Electric Blueberry in fast-paced levels with a lot of zombies, like the ones listed below. This is because Electric Blueberry can only target one zombie at a time and sleeps for 12 seconds, so use other offensive plants.
These levels are considered very fast-paced:
Electric Blueberry is similar to the Witch Hazel and the Caulipower, as they all instantly-kill zombies and have a slow recharge. Use this plant in a similar way as to how you would use them. Each plant has a 50 higher sun cost than the previous one, but has enhanced abilities. Take this in count, as the 50 sun may be able to be produced easily, therefore allowing you to plant a more powerful version.
When using Electric Blueberry in Arena, use other offensive plants since massive hordes of zombies come, meaning crowd control to complement Electric Blueberry's deadly single target attacks. Winter Melons and Dusk Lobbers work well.
In the Chinese version, it is strongly recommended to level up Electric Blueberry to Level 3 or above before using her, because a Level 1 or 2 Electric Blueberry still cannot kill Level 3 or 4, or even Level 1 or 2 zombies effectively.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Electric Blueberry.
In other languages
|Simplified Chinese||电击蓝莓||lit. "Electric Shock Blueberry"|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Amora Elétrica|
- Electric zaps from her clouds will continue zapping zombies multiple times until they are defeated. This can be observed in Arena where zombies have significantly more health.
- Her almanac entry does not mention her damage stat.
- When using Plant Food, her thunder cloud will disappear when there are no zombies on the lawn, even though Lightning Reed's cloud does not.
- Before the 4.0 update, when she electrocuted a flying Bug Zombie, only the bug would die.
- This also happened in the 4.7.1 update. The Chinese version still has this bug.
- She and A.K.E.E.'s seeds when bouncing cannot kill Imp Cannons as neither of them can hit zombies that have not fully entered the lawn, and Imp Cannon is considered by the game to be such.
- A glitch can occur if her cloud targets a zombie protected by Glitter Zombie's rainbow. As the rainbow grants invulnerability, the cloud will continue to produce lightning until Glitter Zombie is killed.
- Her cloud can sometimes target a zombie that has lost its head but whose health points are not fully drained.
- In the Chinese version, the player cannot choose her in the fight with Zombot Tuskmaster 10,000 BC, but she can be chosen in other boss levels.
- She, Chard Guard, Chomper, Blooming Heart and Hot Date all make sounds in the Almanac. In Electric Blueberry's case, an electrical, crackling sound can be heard.
- She cannot release storm clouds when affected by Boombox Zombie.
- She is bugged against Zombots as she can't zap them.
- Tapping on her seed packet during a level will cause it to play one of her idle sound effects. In this case, an electric, crackling sound is heard.
- When she is watered in the Zen Garden, her animation consists of her moving her head violently, due to the reaction between electricity and water.