Dummy Shield is an ability of the All-Star that creates a Dummy Shield. The dummy blocks plants' attacks and protects zombies from their fire, similar to the Tallnut Battlement. As it is a defensive ability, it can be destroyed by both plants and zombies. Its alternate abilities are Shield Decoy and Future Dummy (Garden Warfare 2 only). It takes 30 seconds to recharge one Dummy Shield.
In Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, the Dummy Shield has been given a rework. While only one can be deployed at a time, the dummy now creates a dome that blocks a much larger area then before. In addition, zombies can shoot and walk through the dome while plants can only do the latter.
Some people read stories to their tackle dummies, others even date them. The All-Star uses it to shield himself from attacks.
- ▲ Health was increased from 150 to 200.
- ▼ Max number spawned per player was decreased from 4 to 3.
Dummy Shields do not exactly work like the Tallnut Battlement, as it higher than the Tallnut Battlement but is not as wide, allowing it to fully shield a zombie. This can be used to provide cover for fellow zombies during an attack, and you can also hide behind it yourself if needed. In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, keep in mind the Imps in and out their mechs, may still be vulnerable behind Dummy Shields, as they are not as protective at the bottom, and Mechs are larger than the Dummy Shields. To somewhat remedy this, they can stand on another zombie's head, such as the Foot Soldier. Standing on a Super Brainz will not work, however, as the model is too big.
Similar to how Spawnable Zombies attack Tallnut Battlements, Weeds will attack Dummy Shields on sight, making them a good distraction if the player is getting swarmed by Weeds. Be aware though, attacking said Weeds will cause them to switch targets and go after you.
- It has duct tape on its hips, which is likely to keep it together, or to fix holes.
- For some reason, Tallnut Battlement has more health, but both can be set out twice before recharging and four can be set out at a time.
- In the Backyard Battleground in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, there is a Dummy Shield that is "recruiting soldiers." If the player talks to it while playing as the Foot Soldier, it will explode into some coins for the player to collect.
- If an All-Star starts a match on the soccer field, they can jump onto the shield and make a tower. This can continue until the Soccer field's effects wear off.
- In Garden Warfare 2 if the Team Swap glitch is active, the All-Star can gain EXP from destroying his own Dummy Shields.