—Dreadwood Splash Screen
To start the battle the player first has to navigate through an abandoned trainyard where winds will blow. The player must wait until they stop blowing, and then head on either side and duck inside a gap between two trains before it starts blowing again. Once it stops blowing again, head for the gap between the next two trains. Then repeat until you make it into the next area. Then the player must activate one of the machines nearby to power a nearby fan, which will boost you onto the platform where Dreadwood is sleeping. The player needs to attack his weak point located somewhere on his body, which will wake up Dreadwood and the battle will commence.
- Fires massive orange projectiles at a random player similar to the Acorn's Sap Trap ability.
- Does a much more powerful version of Dreadroots' main attacks.
- Blows at a random player in attempts to knock them off of the platform.
- Grows out two roots and spins them around.
- Spawns Weeds and Wildflowers, and Peashooters and Acorns in later phases.