Dog Walker is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 1 to play and has 2/2. He has the Hunt trait and does not have any abilities. His closest plant counterpart is Corn Dog.
He is based on the scrapped Dog Walker Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies.
His description could possibly be a reference to Garth Nix's quote "Does the walker choose the path or the path choose the walker?" in the fantasy novel Sabriel.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Trait: Hunt
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Is the Zombie walking the dog, or is the dog walking the Zombie? Hard to say.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
- Ability removed.
- Trait added: Hunt (Same effect as previous ability)
Dog Walker is a good starting zombie, but not for attacking your opponent. Instead, Dog Walker shines at preventing your opponent from playing cheap setup plants like Sunflower, Poison Mushroom, Pea Pod, or even Haunted Pumpking, as Dog Walker goes to that plant's lane and disposes of it. Giving him stat boosts or the Deadly trait helps him destroy tougher plants, while giving him the Frenzy trait lets him hurt your opponent if he can destroy the plant fronting him. However, you will have to be aware of instant-kills and Bouncing in this case.
Dog Walker's Hunt trait, however, can be easily exploited once your opponent generates enough sun to play multiple plants, especially if they have good or reliable card draw. Dog Walker cannot be expected to survive long either, since he will always be fronted by a plant unless none are played that turn.
Dog Walker can be hard to counter due to his Hunt trait, especially if you have plants that either need to survive like Party Thyme, or those with Anti-Hero (especially Poison Mushroom and Poison Ivy). However, he is also very easy to destroy because of that; any plant that does 2 damage like Potato Mine is enough, as Dog Walker will move there and be destroyed.
Later on, be careful of the order you play cards in when Dog Walker is on the field, as you may want certain plants to survive or attack your opponent directly, and others to combat Dog Walker.
- The dog Dog Walker is carrying is a dachshund.
- His hair is similar to Newspaper Zombie's.
- Prior to an update, there was a visual error in which the dog's tongue was underneath its mouth.
- This zombie can be seen in one of the trailers of the game which uses the graphics resembling those of Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
- He is mentioned in Pea Patch's description.