Dire Spires was the second area of Plants vs. Zombies Adventures. It had seven levels and introduced the Barrel Zombie to the player. This was the last map before the player had to complete their car pools with Officer Ron and a couple of the player's friends.
Dire Spires contains seven stages.
Crazy Dave gives the player challenges when they are in certain levels.
Level 4: There is lots of trash blocking the roads. The player needs to use six Peashooters to defeat the zombies; one is already placed on this stage.
- Hard-nut was added on the June 12 update.
- It contained the only level in Plants vs. Zombies Adventures with preexisting plants that were played in a regular manner. That level was Level 1, which contained two preexisting Wall-nuts.
- Dire Spires and Cadaver Cavern were the only areas where two VIPs are unlocked.
- For this map, they were the Beeshooter and the Hard-nut.
- Levels 2 and 4 were the first two levels to be challenges instead of regular gameplay levels.
- Every plant obtained in this map was a VIP.