- For other uses, see Digger Zombie (disambiguation).
Digger Zombie is a zombie encountered in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, being encountered in Modern Day. Digger Zombie walks to the eighth column before digging at a fast rate, being able to dig to the first column in a split second. He will destroy the plant occupying the first column before resurfacing.
矿工僵尸 (Digger Zombie)
Can dig past the plants and appear directly in the last row.Digger Zombie spends three days a week getting his excavation permits in order.
The Digger Zombie absorbs 490 damage per shot. He loses his arm after absorbing 245 and dies at 490 damage per shot.
Compared to the first game, his behavior has slightly changed: instead of digging right away, he walks to the eighth column before digging. His digging speed has increased significantly, now being able to dig to the first column in a split second. He will destroy the plant occupying the first column before resurfacing.
Do not let him dig his way to the first column, for he will deplete your last defenses much faster than in the first game. In order to prevent it from getting that far, kill him before he begins digging. Planting defensive plants in the leftmost lane is completely useless. However, he still has the same weaknesses as the previous game, so a similar defense can be used accordingly.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Digger Zombie.
- Similar to Chicken Wrangler Zombie in the international version, in the seed selection screen he appears in his default look, then changes to his digging animation, then reverts back to his default look.
- He is the first zombie from the original game to appear on the Chinese version but not the international version of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Like All-Star Zombie, his helmet no longer protects him in this game, instead, it is now purely cosmetic.
- For some odd reason, in his sprite sheet, you can see his helmet has degrades. This was possibly originally going to be in the game but it was scrapped.
- In his almanac image and box image in the level preview, he has the first game's image instead of the game itself one.