- For the Chinese version of the level, see Dark Ages - Night 2 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Dark Ages - Night 2 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Dark Ages - Night 2 is the second level of Dark Ages in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Buckethead Peasant is introduced in this level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks the Puff-shroom.
The player is given Sun-shroom to use again, but also Puff-shroom. Puff-shroom can be used as an alternative to Potato Mine, due to it being free. However, in this game, Puff-shroom will disappear after a period of time, and can only be reset with the use of Plant Food. However, the player should bring more artillery for the Buckethead Peasant, as Puff-shrooms will not deal with them easily enough. Tombstones also appear, but now, some will start to spawn later in the level.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Spawned
|3||None||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|5||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|6||1 3 5||None||None|
|7||None||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|10||3 3||None||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|12||1 2 4 5||None||None||Final wave.|
- Required plants:
- Only a new zombie will not make this level too hard, although it is a bit tough. Try to plant at least one column of Repeaters then one column of Lightning Reeds. Then the level is easy.
- For being careful, planting one more column of Lightning Reeds should defend your house effectively.
- Wall-nut (or any other alternative)
- This strategy does not need plant food.
- Plant 1-2 column of Sun-shrooms. 1 is enough, but 2 can help you develop your Bonk Choys faster.
- While preparing Sun-shrooms, use Grave Buster to knock down the tombstones and Puff-shrooms as a temporary weapon.
- Plant 1-2 column of Bonk Choy.
- You can also plant Wall-nut to be safe if you only planted 1 column of Bonk Choy.
- If one of your Wall-nuts are almost eaten, replace them.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest