- For other uses, see Dandelion (disambiguation).
- For more information about this character, see Dandelion.
Dandelion is a special-edition premium plant released in the 3.4.4 update for the 2015 Springening event. Being a special-edition plant, he can only be obtained for a limited time, but once obtained, he can be kept indefinitely.
Dandelion can attack on the lane he is placed on, as well as adjacent lanes by releasing slow-moving explosive dandelion seeds every 2 seconds, one lane at a time. The seeds deal splash damage to any enemy that is in that tile. If targets appear in three lanes at the same time, Dandelion will attack the target in these lanes in order of priority "middle - below - above". As of the 2017 Springening Event, Dandelion can no longer be purchased with gems. He was Plant of the Week from April 3, 2017, to April 16, 2017, and April 4, 2021 to April 11, 2021. As of April 1, 2020, Dandelion can be unlocked with 150 Dandelion seed packets.
Additionally, if Blover, Hurrikale or Draftodil is used, two Dandelions on screen in the case of Blover, or two in Hurrikale or Draftodil's lane will release 12 small bombs, dividing them equally among two or three lanes, each dealing 40 damage per shot when exploding. Afterwards, Dandelion has to recharge for 12 seconds before he can start attacking again.
SUN COST: 275
Dandelions send explosive seeds down three different lanes, one lane at a time.
Range Details: can attack targets in the lane above or below
Special: may react to certain strong winds
"Look," says Dandelion, shaking his head, "I'm not a leprechaun and I'm not a genie. You can blow my seeds off all you want, but I can't make your wish come true. I don't even know how that rumor got started."
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Dandelion will release ten large dandelion seeds into the air which float down slowly to random zombies, exploding and dealing 350 damage per shot to all enemies in a 1x1 area. If he lost all his seeds to a Blover or Hurrikale and is regrowing them, he will instantly grow them back.
|1||0||0||275||15 seconds||300 dps||50 dps||Normal||Multi-Lane|
|2||10||1,000||275||14 seconds||350 dps||60 dps|
|3||25||2,500||250||14 seconds||400 dps||70 dps||+ 1.5x|
|4||50||5,000||250||13 seconds||450 dps||80 dps|
|5||100||10,000||225||13 seconds||550 dps||90 dps|
|6||200||20,000||225||12 seconds||600 dps||100 dps|
|7||400||30,000||200||12 seconds||650 dps||110 dps||+ 2x|
|8||800||50,000||200||11 seconds||700 dps||120 dps|
|9||1,200||75,000||175||11 seconds||800 dps||130 dps|
|10||1,600||100,000||150||10 seconds||900 dps||150 dps|
Dandelion can be used as an alternative to Melon-pult in dealing splash damage to great amount of threats in later levels. When compared together, Dandelion is cheaper and better at finishing off lone clusters of zombies, as he can attack on the lane he is placed on as well as adjacent tiles. His ability to release bursts of explosive seeds in strong wind also makes for a powerful emergency option, when particularly dangerous zombies such as Gargantuar need to be neutralized quickly.
On the other hand, Dandelion is greatly disadvantaged if there are three zombies in three consecutive lanes and only a single Dandelion, he never targets a single zombie. Instead of a single zombie, he tries to attack all zombies pollen by pollen; having a possibility to be eaten before he finishes off even one zombie should the zombies be at least a Conehead or stronger, making him an unreliable plant on his own against stronger zombies. So, at least two are needed in the lawn. His special ability will also disable Dandelion for ten seconds, therefore, great care must be taken when attempting to utilize this. So, defensive plants or stalling plants should be used with this plant to prevent him from getting destroyed.
Dandelion can also be placed on Power Tiles to negate the cooldown time after using Blover and Hurrikale by using a Plant Food. Dandelion can be useful in the Wild West if planted on a minecart that is close to the left side.
- ▲ Attacks 1.5x faster.
- ▲ Seeds move slightly faster.
- ▲ Seed regrowing time reduced from 15 to 10 (+2) seconds.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Dandelion (PvZ2).
- For a very short time following the official release of the 3.4.4 update, players could obtain him for 109 gems. Shortly after, the gem cost was changed to 129 gems. Later on, the cost was changed back to 109 gems on April 13, 2015.
- He was then changed to a premium plant, then again to a seed packet unlock plant.
- Despite being referred to as male in the Almanac, the description for the 3.4.4 update in the App Store and Google Play, along with the Plants vs. Zombies Facebook page and advertisements in the game, list him as female.
- There is a glitch having to do with using him in a level in which the player cannot lose more than a specified number of plants. If they choose him, it says that using it means losing a plant.
- This may be a nod to its special attack, which may require instants - Blover and Hurrikale.
- However, the game will never force the player to use its special attack directly.
- He returned during the Food Fight event for Black Friday. His price was reduced to 80 gems.
- According to the credits, he's voiced by Shari Rossan.
- He is the first spring-themed plant, with the second being Plumping Plummy, a Chinese-exclusive plant.
- If he is in the first or the fifth row and shoots a seed or has his seeds blown away, then the seed or seeds might go outside of the lawn.
- His description in the Almanac is a reference to a rumor that some children believe, which is blowing a dandelion will make wishes come true. He additionally says that it doesn't help anything to himself, implying the Blover/Hurrikale will disable him for 12 seconds with their strong winds.