Damage Buff Booster Beam is the first ability for the Hover Goat-3000 in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. When used, he will shoot an orange beam to a nearby zombie, like the Heal Beam, except the beam increases the damage to the attached zombie when fighting with an opponent. Characters attached to the booster beam receive a damage buff of 30% although the effects do not stack if multiple booster beams are attached.
"Thanks to future technology that we don't quite understand, this beam can help an ally deal more damage!"
The most effective way to use this is to tag team with a tanky or damaging class, and simply just have this on them the whole time. Since this makes attacks do more damage, this can be devastating on any zombie class that has the potential to do heavy damage. Go on top of rooftops with Foot Soldiers, bulldoze through defenses with All-Star, and help Engineers make portals. This ability is very versatile, like heal beam, and can be used in a lot of different situations. This ability is the backbone of Hover Goat-3000. Make sure to stay with a teammate, because, unfortunately, you cannot use this ability on yourself.
In other languages
|English||Damage Buff Booster Beam|
|French||Rayon de destruction augmentée|
|Italian||Raggio potenziante +danni|
|Polish||Promień wzmocnienia obrażeń|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Feixe de Bônus de Dano|
|Spanish||Rayo de mejora al daño|
- This is one of four abilities that do not need to recharge after using. The others are the Heal Beam, the Heal Beam of Science, and the Rainbow Heal Beam.
- Coincidentally, all three of those abilities are beam abilities.
- Out of them, this is the only one that doesn't heal.
- This is the only ability in the game that directly buffs the damage of another character.
- This is also the second ability that increases something other than health, with the first being the Tubular Turbo, which buffs the speed of a zombie.
- Both of these abilities belong to the Hover Goat-3000.