—Crazy Dave introducing the Daily Challenge for the first time
The Daily Challenge is a game mode in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes that was introduced in update 1.14.13. It provides the player with a different battle every day, usually features a specific card. These are usually event cards, including ones that are not available in the current Weekly Event. These challenges may also include special conditions, such as altered health for heroes, or giving cards added stats or effects.
Winning a Daily Challenge rewards the player with 100 Tickets. If the player loses, then they must wait for one hour to replay the challenge, or they can watch an ad to replay it immediately.
Winning multiple Daily Challenges within a week will grant the following rewards:
- 3 wins: 200 Tickets
- 5 wins: 300 Tickets
- 7 wins: 1 Premium Pack
List of Challenges
Each day has a different name and focus:
- Early Access (Try It Tuesday in Weeks 1-3) features an upcoming Weekly Event card. This card starts on the player's hand or side of the battlefield already, and the player is given a certain Strategy Deck to use alongside it.
- Puzzle Party (Witty Wednesday in Weeks 1-3) features "lethal puzzles," in which the player must use their cards in the correct order to guarantee a win on a given turn, otherwise the player will lose by a certain teammate or by a rule that instantly kills you. The featured card is either the main obstacle or the key to achieving the final blow.
- Event Showcase (Thrashin' Thursday in Weeks 1-3) features the current Weekly Event card. This card starts on the player's hand or side of the battlefield already, and the player is given a certain Strategy Deck to use alongside it.
- Twisted Rules (Far Out Friday in Weeks 1-3) features special rules (e.g. All Plants and Zombies get +1/+1 when played), which makes the given Strategy Deck easier or harder to use against the opponent. The featured card provides a hint for the player on how to win the challenge.
- Sneak Peek (Smart Move Saturday in Weeks 1-3) features an upcoming Weekly Event card. However, unlike Early Access, the event card starts on the opponent's hand or side of the battlefield, and the player must use a given Strategy Deck to defeat the opponent.
- Surprise! (Surprise Sunday in Weeks 1-3) either features a paid Event Card (for the first Surprise Sunday with the card, it will be either on the player's hand or side of the battlefield already. For the second Surprise Sunday with the card, it will be either in the opponent's hand or side of the battlefield), a modified battlefield (e.g. there are more than one aquatic lanes), which makes the given Strategy Deck easier or harder to use against the opponent, or a "lethal puzzle", in which failure to defeat the opponent in that turn will either result in an opponent's card doing lethal on you or a special rule activates where you are defeated by the end of the turn. The featured card provides a hint for the player on how to win the challenge.
- Event Rumpus (Mastery Monday in Weeks 1-3) features the current Weekly Event card. However, unlike Event Showcase, the event card starts on the opponent's hand or side of the battlefield, and the player must use a given Strategy Deck to defeat the opponent.
Daily Challenge info
Note: The week starts on Tuesday and ends on the following Monday.
Puzzle Party (Witty Wednesday)
Sneak Peek (Smart Move Saturday)
Surprise! (Surprise Sunday)
Event Rumpus (Mastery Monday)
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Daily Challenge (PvZH).
- Neptuna is the first hero to be the playable hero in a Daily Challenge twice.
- Impfinity is the first hero to be the opposing hero in a Daily Challenge twice.
- Before the April 20th, 2017 challenge, the character featured in the introduction monologue was invariably Crazy Dave, even if the player would play as a Zombie Hero. Starting from that challenge, Dr. Zomboss will be introducing the player to the challenge where they will play as a Zombie hero.
- If the player manages to block (get a Swabbie to hit the plant hero and then block the second Hot Dog Imp) on the April 19th, 2017 challenge, the player can go to turn 7. The Super-Block Meter will always give Blazing Bark and the next card is always Bananasaurus Rex. Due to this, the block meter has been removed entirely in the later Witty Wednesday/Puzzle Party challenges, starting from the April 26th, 2017 challenge.
- Some Witty Wednesday/Puzzle Party challenges feature cards that either hero cannot normally use.
- In the April 12th, 2017 challenge, Nightcap has a Laser Bean on the field, even though he cannot normally use it without Seedling, Reincarnation, Molekale, Petal-Morphosis, Transfiguration, Cosmic Bean or Mayflower.
- Similarly, on April 26th, 2017 challenge, Professor Brainstorm is given Smoke Bomb, a trick that he cannot normally use without the aid of Mad Chemist or Eureka.
- Additionally, on the May 24th, 2017 challenge, Nightcap can use Fume-Shroom, which he can normally not obtain without Cosmic Mushroom, Seedling, Reincarnation, Molekale, Transfiguration or Petal-Morphosis.
- Also, on the May 31st, 2017 challenge, Impfinity has a Deep Sea Gargantuar on the field, which he can't normally obtain unless he gets him from Gargantuars' Feast.
- In the June 21st, 2017 challenge, Green Shadow has Pair Pearadise on the field, which is currently impossible for her to obtain easily.
- In the 12th July, 2017 challenge, Grass Knuckles has Pair Pearadise on the field, which is normally not possible for Grass Knuckles to obtain unless Photosynthesizer was used beforehand while The Smash has Teleportation Zombie, which is currently not possible for The Smash to obtain easily.
- In the July 19th, 2017 challenge, Green Shadow can play Doom-Shroom and The Smash has a Zombot Plank Walker on the field, which are impossible for them to obtain easily.
- In the 26th July, 2017 challenge, Wall-Knight can use Molekale and Dark Matter Dragonfruit, which they can only be obtained if Photosynthesizer or Cornucopia was used beforehand. He also draws another Dark Matter Dragonfruit when he uses Gardening Gloves, which is currently not possible to happen normally. Also, Impfinity has a Gas Giant in the aquatic lane, which cannot happen normally since he does not have the Amphibious trait unless an Amphibious zombie followed by Mixed-Up Gravedigger was used together with Gas Giant as well.
- In the August 2nd, 2017 challenge, Neptuna can play Area 22 and Final Mission and has Gargantuar-Throwing Imp and Barrel of Deadbeards on the field. Area 22 can't obtain it normally unless she gets it from Dr. Spacetime, Final Mission can't be obtained normally unless she got it from Dr. Spacetime, Raiding Raptor or Barrel of Barrels, Barrel of Deadbeards can't be obtained normally unless she got it from Zombot Plank Walker, Buried Treasure, Raiding Raptor or Barrel of Barrels, and Gargantuar-Throwing Imp can't be obtained normally unless she got it from Cosmic Imp.
- In the August 9th, 2017 challenge, Super Brainz has a Jester on the field, which he can't obtain normally unless he gets it from Triplication or obtained it from Transformation Station, Portal Technician, Interdimensional Zombie, Tomb Raiser Zombie or Evolutionary Leap.
- In the August 16th, 2017 challenge, Nightcap can play Cosmoss, which he can't obtain normally without using Molekale, Reincarnation, Petal-Morphosis, Transfiguration or Seedling.
- The August 20th, 2017 challenge (although it is a Surprise! challenge is actually a Puzzle Party challenge) has Professor Brainstorm hold Super Stench in his hand, which can't happen normally unless he used either Quasar Wizard or Thinking Cap.
- In the August 23rd, 2017 challenge, Wall-Knight has a Spyris on the field, which he can't obtain normally unless he gets it from Starch-Lord, Cosmic Flower or Cornucopia.
- In the September 6th, 2017 challenge, Brain Freeze has Cone Zone and Meteor Z on the field, which he can't obtain normally unless he gets them from Dr. Spacetime or Raiding Raptor. Also, Captain Combustible can play Rescue Radish and has Force Field on the field. For Rescue Radish, he can't obtain it normally unless he gets it from Seedling, Reincarnation, Molekale, Transfiguration, Petal-Morphosis or Apotatosaurus. As for Force Field, it is currently impossible for him to obtain it easily.
- In the September 13th, 2017 challenge, Z-Mech has Medulla Nebula on the field and can play Alien Ooze, Gentleman Zombie, and Zombot Drone Engineer. Since the Alien Ooze is a Beastly card and the remaining cards are Brainy cards and neither of Z-Mech's classes has easy access to said classes, Z-Mech can't obtain them normally. In the 2019 version of the challenge, he has been replaced with Immorticia, making access to said cards a lot easier since she can play them directly. However, she can't easily play Zombology Teacher anymore as she is not a Hearty hero. However, she can still play her if she played Triplication, Transformation Station, or obtained her from Summoning, Evolutionary Leap, Portal Technician or Cosmic Scientist.
- In the September 27th, 2017 challenge, Huge-Gigantacus can play Biodome Botanist, Abracadaver, Going Viral and Moon Base Z (PvZH). For Biodome Botanist and Moon Base Z, he can't obtain them normally unless he gets them from Cosmic Scientist or Dr. Spacetime, Abracadaver from Frosty Mustache or Duckstache, and Going Viral from Mad Chemist. He also could have used Terror-Former 10,000 to obtain Moon Base Z. Apart from that, he could have also obtained Biodome Botanist and Abracadaver from Triplication, Interdimensional Zombie (Abracadaver), Tomb Raiser Zombie (Abracadaver), Raiding Raptor (Biodome Botanist), Transformation Station, Portal Technician or Evolutionary Leap.
- In the October 11th, 2017 challenge, Grass Knuckles has a Jack O' Lantern on the field, which he can't normally obtain unless he gets it from Plucky Clover.
- In the October 18th, 2017 challenge, Huge-Gigantacus can play Frankentuar, Zombot 1000 and Gargantuars' Feast, which he cannot obtain normally unless he gets them from Cosmic Scientist (for Zombot 1000's case), Triplication (for all three cards), or Mad Chemist (for Gargantuars' Feast). He also could have used Bad Moon Rising, Transformation Station, Portal Technician or Evolutionary Leap to obtain Zombot 1000 and Frankentuar.
- In the November 29th, 2017 challenge, Huge-Gigantacus can play Surfer Zombie, which he cannot obtain normally unless he got it from Triplication, Transformation Station, Portal Technician or used Evolutionary Leap.
- In the December 13th, 2017 challenge, Beta-Carrotina has Power Flower on the field, which she cannot obtain normally unless she gets it from Primal Wall-Nut.
- In the March 21st, 2018 challenge, Wall-Knight has Astrocado and Three-Nut on the same lane, which is impossible to happen normally since neither of them has the Team-Up trait. A possible way is that beforehand, Wall-Knight played Pair Pearadise, which he obtained from Photosynthesizer. He then subsequently played either Astrocado first or Three-Nut, then the other plant.
- In the March 28th, 2018 challenge, Beta-Carrotina can play Big Chill, which is a superpower. That superpower is restricted to Green Shadow and Rose, meaning she can only get it if she obtains it from Bird of Paradise.
- In the 2018 version of the May 3rd, 2017 challenge, Rose has Poison Ivy and Electric Blueberry on the field, which she can't obtain normally without getting them from Lily Pad (for Poison Ivy) or Cornucopia (for both plants). Previously, Captain Combustible was the opposing hero for the challenge, making it more easier to access said plants.
- There is a recurring glitch where if the player wins a Premium Pack in a Daily Challenge, then an advertisement for an event card shows up, they will not open the pack. The cards will instead be sent straight to the collection.
- There was an inconsistency on the May 27th, 2017 challenge where one of the two High-Voltage Currants provided was on the water lane, despite High-Voltage Currant not being Amphibious.
- This was again repeated on the June 12th, 2017 challenge. However, in both cases, it has been fixed to have the second High-Voltage Currant be on the fourth lane.
- The description for the July 15th, 2017 daily challenge accidentally refers to Chompzilla as a male, as it says that Chompzilla starts with a Clique Peas in 'his' starting hand instead of 'her' starting hand.
- If a Premium Pack contains any Hero, their Hero Quests will pop up before the animation of pack opening.
- The daily challenges for week 41 and 42 (Tuesday, January 16, 2017 to Monday, January 29, 2018) are glitched in that it uses the daily challenges from week 20. Apparently, this was because an update for the Triassic Triumph set was supposed to be released (which also adds new sets of daily challenges) on Tuesday, January 16, 2017 but it never came out, so the game looped week 20 as a placeholder week.
- In Week 20 of 2018 (Tuesday, August 21, 2018 and Thursday, September 6, 2018), Electric Boogaloo was been replaced by Rustbolt. This is because Dr. Zomboss was said to play as Rustbolt by using his "Combo Stomper" strategy deck where the trick, Thinking Cap, is already given.
- In Week 23 of 2019 (Wednesday, September 9, 2019), Z-Mech was been replaced by Immorticia.
- When the Triassic Triumph update came out, it reduced the number of brains given by Medula Nebula from 3 to 2, making many Puzzle Parties that utilized it unbeatable. An update patched it by giving more Medula Nebulas for any pre-nerf challenges.