Cycloque (旋涡枇杷; pinyin: xuánwō pípá) is the first plant obtained in Sky City in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. She draws in zombies from a 3x3 area around her tile, behaving similarly to a Sweet Potato. Upon being pulled in, the zombies can smack into each other, taking damage and stunning them. After a while, the zombies will return to their original tiles.
Cycloque is based on the loquat, a fruit from the Rosaceac family, which is native to China.
Her name is a pun on "cyclone" and "loquat".
Sun cost: 75
Cycloque creates a vortex, that pulls zombies together.
Special: Generates a whirlwind, that pulls zombies in the sky.
Plant features: yellow plant, tornado family
Zombies will be pulled together normally but will not be spread out.
Note: Cycloque cannot be upgraded to level 4.
She can be used as weaker, aerial Cherry Bomb without her costume. She is a cheap way to dispose of threats such as Double-Cabin Aircraft Zombie. Outside Sky City, she is quite useless due to not dealing damage to zombies from other worlds
Cycloques are also able to block the bullet attack of the Zombot Eagle-tron, which can wipe the lawn clean if not blocked effectively.
- She reuses Rotobaga's rotor texture.
- She also reuses Hammer Zombie's sound effects when spinning.
- Even though she faces the left of the screen, she faces the right in her Puzzle Piece and seed packet.
- For some reason, she is not considered as a "Flying plant" in her Plant features in the Almanac.
- Cycloque has two official English names. This trait is shared with Ampthurium, Aspiragus, Board Beans, Lantern Cherry, Saucer Squash, and Spinnapple. Her Chinese name is "Vortex Loquat".
- Loquat is the English name given to it in the Sky City trailer.
- Cycloque is the official name provided by Colorful Wish, an elite player that works closely with PopCap Shanghai to get better contact with international players.