- For the version in other games, see Crazy Dave.
Crazy Dave is a recurring character in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, and Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, and is the leader of the plants. He serves as a commander from his RV, capable of traveling through the air and, in Garden Warfare 2, through time. He urges the plants to defend Suburbia against the zombies, and defend the gardens they plant in Garden Ops. Crazy Dave also announces the boss slots at waves 5 and 10 in Graveyard Ops.
Garden Warfare 2
Battle for Neighborville
- Crazy Dave is seen to be single and looking for a partner, as he has hung a poster up on message walls in several maps, such as Chomp Town, stating that he is looking for a partner.
- Those same posters also reveal that he is six feet and two inches tall.
- Crazy Dave is the founder of L.E.A.F. and also built Dave-bot 3000 and his counterpart, Dave-bot 3000.1.
- Crazy Dave also controls both Dave-bots' missions, even though he is not found within the garage or the secret lab.
- In some parts of the Backyard Battleground, there is graffiti that has Dave with the words, "In tacos, we trust." A play on the words found on dollars and coins.
- In Garden Warfare 2, he can sometimes be seen in person in his flying car when you are entering Ops mode.
- Sometimes in Garden Ops, he may say "I'll phone the Zombies!" How he got Zomboss's number is unknown.
- Also according to him in Garden Ops, he once lost a game of checkers against a sandwich.
- In Taco Bandits, a wood stand-up of Dave is holding a spatula and wearing an apron and a chef's hat, and it resembles his sprite in Plants vs. Zombies.
- From time to time, it will tell you in tips that Crazy Dave hates cats.
- This is mentioned other times in Garden Warfare 2, such as when the Dave-bot 3000 mentions the password "123CrazyDaveHatesCats", and the fact that the Mecha Cat, the Infinite Robot for the Zombies, looks like a cat, and the Dr. Fizzician says that it was designed by Dr. Zomboss to look like "the thing that Crazy Dave hates most."
- When he says "The Fogman Cometh!", it is a reference to Plants vs. Zombies in which he has a similar speech on level 4-1.
- In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, you can see his truck if you use a garlic drone on certain maps before it comes to pick you up.