His ranged attack is not a laser unlike other Super Brainz variants, it is actually a multi-projectile attack that deals 9 to 11 damage per shot, depending on the range.
" More than just a strange Zombie in a spandex body suit, with the help of his galactic bracelets, Cozmic Brainz wields powers unknown."
Hold down fire to charge his fists. Foes vanquished by a level 3 charge are banished and left unrevivable!
Cozmic Brainz unleashes a kick to where the player aims their crosshair, inflicting 12 damage to plants struck by it. This ability has 2 charges.
Cozmic Brainz fires a "fireball", dealing a high amount of damage to targets it makes contact with. This ability also deals up to 50 splash damage.
Cozmic Brainz spins around rapidly, taking less damage while dealing 2 damage to plants caught in it. While spinning, Cozmic Brainz moves 1.35% faster than normal. Lasts for 3.5 seconds.
An alternate ability for the Super Ultra Ball, Cozmic Brainz will throw three smaller balls when it is used.
Another alternate ability for the Super Ultra Ball. Cozmic Brainz will fire an energy ball, which is slower but can chase down a single target when used.
Cozmic Brainz is extremely useful as he can make Plants unrevivable with his attacks, delaying their return to the front line. He is also useful for stopping Plant teleporters being built as he can make the Roses that are building it unrevivable. This character's ability makes him great for game modes like Team Vanquish. Avoid only attacking with fully charged punches as it takes a while for them to charge (meaning that enemies can shoot you with little punishment).
To fully utilise your ability to "erase" plants from the map, try to inflict at least 55 damage to a plant before you try to vanquish them with a fully charged punch. If you get the flank on the enemy, let your first attack be a fully charged punch, then finish them off with normal punches (note that they can still be revived though).
It is also possible to use some of his abilities to perform this combo: using Cozmic Fists level three to attack the victim in front of him, a Heroic Kick to launch them, and finally, if possible, unleash the Super Ultra Ball at them as long as you aim perfectly.
Cozmic Brainz is generally considered to be one of the weaker Super Brainz variants, due to his odd ranged attack and his punches being very weak without being charged. Even though this is the case, you should not drop your guard if you're on low health while near him, as he may have a punch charged up and send you straight to the death-cam while leaving unable to be revived. This trait of his level 3 Punch is very dangerous in Team Vanquish if you are badly injured, as his level 3 Punch, although uncommon to be pulled off, will give the zombies a guaranteed point. When fighting him, try to keep your distance as he is less effective when he is not near you. He is a big target and (for most players) should be easy to hit. Full-Auto plants like the Commando Pea are great counters, as Cozmic Brainz cannot usually keep up with them (damage wise).
- ▲ The punch magazine capacity for all variants have been increased from 9 to infinite.
- ▼ The effectiveness of overheat upgrade has been decreased.
- He is the very first zombie overall to have an attack that can be charged and is currently the only zombie that can render a player unrevivable by himself.
- He was the only Super Brainz variant to be unlockable in the beta.
- His chest decoration appears to be a constellation.
- His sticker card appears to show him doing Usain Bolt's Lightning Bolt pose.
- This applies to the other Super Brainz variants.
- He, Chomper and its variants are the only characters capable of rendering a player unrevivable.
- Out of these characters, Cozmic Brainz is the only zombie to do this and is the only character that requires a charge-up before he can do that.
- According to a tip, he sends plants into a black hole.
- He is able to send Potted Plants through the wormhole if they are vanquished by his charged up punch.
- According to his stickerbook description, Cozmic Brainz gets his powers from two golden bracelets he wears on his wrists.
- Cozmic Brainz and Breakfast Brainz are the only Super Brainz variants to shoot individual projectiles instead of a continuous laser beam.
- If the player looks closely, then they can see he is wearing a green alien slipper on his left foot.
- In one of the Super Duper Brainz missions, Cozmic Brainz says he builds his muscles from lifting actual planets.
- In the Multiplayer Beta Trailer, the narrator nicknames him "Purple Guy", which could reference the antagonist of the same name from the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise.
- In promotional material, he is often called "Cosmic Brainz" with an "s" in "Cosmic", instead of with a "z" as it is spelled in-game.