The line consists of Kernel-pult (玉米投手; pinyin: yùmǐ tóushǒu), Popcorn-pult (爆米花投手; pinyin: bàomǐhuā tóushǒu), and Cob Cannon (玉米加农炮; pinyin: yùmǐ jiānóngpào). They all specialize in stunning groups of enemies.
Kernel-pult attacks by lobbing corn kernels, Popcorn-pult attacks by lobbing individual pieces of popcorn, and Cob Cannon attacks by firing yellow lasers.
Originsmaize (Zea mays), also known as corn, a type of large grain plant which originates from southern Mexico.
The first and third tiers are based on the plants from Plants vs. Zombies, with Kernel-pult sharing its appearance with version from Plants vs. Zombies 2, and Cob Cannon having a completely new design in this game.popcorn, a snack created by heating up kernels from certain varieties of corn that is popularly sold in movie theaters. It's design references this by having Popcorn-pult hold its popcorn in a striped bag and wear 3D glasses, objects which are also typically used in movie theaters.
Ways to obtain
Corn line's puzzle pieces can be obtained through Dave's cup shop, Dave's shop and gems chest. Additional puzzle pieces can be obtained through Soulmates Puzzle system.
Abilities are unlocked by tiering up, while their effect is increased through star leveling.
Note: 10(+5)% means that at LV1 this ability has a 10% on LV1, 15% on LV2 and so on.
|Deals damage to three random enemies with a chance to stun them for 1 turn.|
Seagull Zombie gets stunned for 2 turns instead.
Additional damage 320(+320).
|Normal attacks have a chance to deal 110(+110) more damage and stun the target for 1 turn.|
|Deals 360(+360) more damage and hits with 100% accuracy after a missed attack.|
After unlocking the Corn line, additional puzzle pieces can be used to upgrade it, which increases its stats and ability LVs.
|Stars||Puzzle Pieces& required||Upgrade||Coins||Stars||Puzzle Pieces& required||Upgrade||Coins|
Corn line stats will be increased if these specific plants are unlocked.
|Plant line||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Flytrap line|| |
|Watermelon line|| |
| Radish line+|
- The Corn line was changed between updates.
- There was a game mechanic, based on elements. Corn line's element was fire.
- Corn line's feature was purple.
- Both Popcorn-pult's and Cob Cannon's designs were changed during beta.
- Popcorn-pult was changed to have 3D glasses.
- Cob Cannon was completely redesigned. It used to look like the Cob Cannon from the original Plants vs. Zombies, but was changed to a more futuristic laser design.
- There's a glitch in the game with Popcorn-pult's 3D glasses, which makes this plant show its beta look.
- Unlike its previous appearances, Cob Cannon only takes one space.