Contain-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, it stuns all zombies on-screen for 4 seconds. It can boost Contain-mint family plants by giving them high level abilities and increasing their ability duration, increasing the effect of their abilities. Contain-mint family plants include:
Contain-mint's name is a portmanteau of "mint" and "containment," the act of containing something.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
Contain-mints stun all zombies on the board and provide a temporary boost to all Contain-mint Family plants on the lawn.
Contain-mint Family plants:
"Go easy, there," says Contain-mint. "No need to be in such a rush all the time. Movement is totally overrated."
While boosted by Contain-mint, the following plants gain the following effects.
- Dazey Chain will gain additional DPS based on which stage they're at (65 DPS for small, 130 for medium, 195 for large), and its stun duration is increased to 6 seconds.
- Grave Buster can absorb an additional 900 DPS, and its grave busting time is reduced to one second.
- Hurrikale will have its blowing duration increased to 6 seconds, and its chill duration is increased to sixteen seconds.
- Magnet-shroom only takes 2.5 seconds to destroy objects, and its range is doubled.
- Sap-fling's attack speed doubles.
- Spring Bean knocks back zombies an additional 4 tiles, and its sleep time is reduced to 1 second.
- Stallia will knockback zombies as if it's level 10, its stall duration is increased to 18 seconds, and its Plant Food stall duration is increased to 27 seconds. If Stallia is already at level 10, Contain-mint will have no effect.
- Stunion will poison zombies as if he's at level 10.
Note that Contain-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|1||0||0||85 seconds||10 seconds||100000 dps||4 seconds|
|2||100||80 seconds||11 seconds||5 seconds|
|3||150||80 seconds||12 seconds||6 seconds|
|4||200||75 seconds||13 seconds||7 seconds|
|5||300||75 seconds||14 seconds||8 seconds|
|6||400||75 seconds||15 seconds||9 seconds|
|7||500||70 seconds||16 seconds||10 seconds|
|8||600||70 seconds||17 seconds||11 seconds|
|9||800||70 seconds||18 seconds||12 seconds|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||19 seconds||13 seconds|
Contain-mint works very well with Stunion, as Stunion will receive the poison effect it would get as if it were at level 5 and also get a longer stun duration. Another plant that works well with Contain-mint is Stallia as it will knock back zombies as if it were at level 5 as well as having a longer slow duration. A boosted Spring Bean can potentially knock zombies off screen, instantly defeating them, while a boosted Magnet-shroom can easily clear out entire areas of metal, and can work even in Endless Zones.
Even on its own, Contain-mint is still an effective plant since its ability is useful without the support it provides to plants in its family, functioning as a psuedo-Iceberg Lettuce plant food effect, which can give your plants time to damage the zombies or give your seed packets time to recharge.
Contain-mint's ability to stun all zombies on screen is useful in adventure mode, but can potentially be detrimental in Battlez because you will normally want to kill the zombies as quickly as possible. It's also not advised to bring Contain-mint on levels where you can't lose plants, as it will disappear after a while.
- If a Contain-mint gets crushed by a Zombie King, its boost will never wear off, even if another Contain-mint is played.
- Although Thyme Warp has been removed from the Contain-mint Family, Contain-mint Family pinatas can still have Thyme Warp's seed packets.
- Contain-mint's turquoise leaves look similar to a bear trap.
- This is related to the bear trap Family icon, which is the unused icon.
- Despite not being able to slow down or stop zombies, Magnet-shroom and Grave Buster are part of the Contain-mint Family.
- Despite the fact that Blover is in its family, Blover will receive no buffs when a Contain-mint is on the field.