- For other uses, see Conehead Zombie (disambiguation).
Conehead Zombies are zombies with roadcones on their head for protection. While they are relatively easy to defeat, they are slightly more difficult to kill than both the Flag Zombie and the ordinary Zombie. They have somewhat normal health, but they can only be directly hurt once the roadcone on their head takes enough damage and falls off.
The Conehead Zombie absorbs 640 damage per shot, and his appearance changes upon absorbing 130, 260 and 370 damage per shot when his roadcone is destroyed, and 505 damage per shot before dying at 640 damage per shot.
Suburban Almanac entry
In English: Bamboo Baskethead Zombie
His bamboo basket helmet allows him to take more damage from plants
Plants vs. Zombies
- Adventure Mode: Every level except for levels 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, and 4-5
- Mini-games: Wall-nut Bowling, Slot Machine, It's Raining Seeds, Beghouled, Invisi-ghoul, Seeing Stars, Beghouled Twist, Big Trouble Little Zombie, Column Like You See 'Em, Zombie Nimble Zombie Quick, Whack a Zombie, Last Stand, Wall-nut Bowling 2, Dr. Zomboss's Revenge, Heat Wave, Zombie Trap, Buttered Popcorn
- Canceled mini-games: Every canceled mini-game except for Air Raid, Ice Level and Squirrel
- Puzzle Mode: Three Hit Wonder, All your brainz r belong to us, I, Zombie Endless, all Last Stand levels
- Survival Mode: All levels
- Co-op Mode: All levels
- Others: Versus Mode
Even though he takes more hits than the regular Zombie, the zombie is not at all difficult to stop. A Snow Pea, two Peashooters, or a Repeater can take him down easily. He is weak to almost all strategies, so your basic setup should take him out. However, do not underestimate him, as he can be a threat in the early levels and the beginning of the game where you do not have access to many powerful plants. A single Peashooter can be sufficient to kill one if the Conehead Zombie is far enough away, but two or three work better, especially if there are multiple zombies that need to be killed.
After the normal Zombie is replaced by the Imp, use this zombie for the lanes you want a small amount of damage absorption. Their roadcones are not affected by the Magnet-shroom, so use them to take out the Magnet-shroom if it is not well defended. However, be careful not to send them to a highly defended lane. For puzzles involving Scaredy-shrooms, time Conehead placement and location, so the most Scaredy-shrooms in a lane are hiding, allowing Coneheads to walk down the row with no or minimal harm.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Conehead Zombie.
In other languages
竹篓僵尸 in Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition
- In the Suburban Almanac, it is stated that a Conehead Zombie is twice as tough as a normal Zombie, but in fact he is 2.37x as tough as one.
- As seen in the concept design for the Conehead Zombie posted on the Plants vs. Zombies Facebook page, the Conehead Zombie, instead of just being a normal zombie with a traffic cone on his head, would've worn what appears to be a construction uniform. He also would've had a mustache.
- Conehead Zombie is the third most frequently occurring zombie (other than regular Zombies and the Flag Zombie).
- Some of the Game of the Year edition packs come with a punch-out cardboard cone that can be placed on the head of the zombie figurine. This cone will require minimal construction first, possibly with the aid of tape.
- Conehead Zombie, Buckethead Zombie, Screen Door Zombie and Trash Can Zombie are the only zombies that can degrade into a normal Zombie.
- If Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year Edition was purchased on Steam before May 5, 2011, players from Team Fortress 2 will be awarded with a Dead Cone, a promotional cosmetic item for the Pyro that resembles the Conehead Zombie's cone.
- In anything Wall-nut Bowling-related and Whack a Zombie, it takes two hits for a Conehead Zombie to die.
- Conehead Zombie, along with two normal Zombies, appears on the loading screen.
- Conehead Zombie is the first zombie to have some sort of armor.
- He is also the first headwear zombie encountered in the game.
- Conehead Zombie is one of the most frequent zombies in Survival: Endless.