Conceal-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, several zombies are dragged down like how a Grimrose does, except for machines and Gargantuars. It also powers all shadow plants on-screen (including the ones placed after it), and gives the Conceal-mint Family plants a significant statistical boost.
Conceal-mint Family plants include:
- Dusk Lobber
- Shadow Peashooter
- Murkadamia Nut
- Gloom Vine
Like other Power Mints, it cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. After 6 seconds, Conceal-mint disappears.
Conceal-mint is based on the "Lamiaceae." (also known as "mint")
Conceal-mint's name is a pun on the word "concealment," meaning "the action of hiding something or preventing it from being known." This is then a reference to the fact that it looks like it's concealing something, and it enhances shadow plants.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
Conceal-mints power up all shadow plants on the lawn, drag some number of zombies to their doom, and provide an additional temporary boost to Conceal-mint Family plants.
Conceal-mint Family plants:
Conceal-mint ducks ninja-like out of the party without telling a soul. "Where's Conceal-mint?" ask the other plants. They don't know. Nobody does. Conceal-mint is just that sneaky.
While boosted by Conceal-mint, the following plants will be powered and gain the following effects:
- Dusk Lobber will do an additional 90 DPS (with an extra 85 DPS being added to her splash damage), and her Plant Food effect will do an additional 900 DPS.
- Gloom Vine's damage will increase to 95 DPS, and his Plant Food damage will increase to 950 DPS per tick. If Gloom Vine is at level 10, Conceal-mint will do nothing.
- Grimrose will do an additional 1200 DPS to zombies it can't drag.
- Moonflower will produce 300 sun regardless of the amount of shadow plants nearby.
- Murkadamia Nut's murk will regenerate an additional 550 DPS per second, murk health is increased by 11500 DPS, and its damage reflection is increased by 70%.
- Nightshade will do an additional 400 DPS in his ranged attacks, and an additional 1800 DPS on his Plant Food ranged attacks.
- Shadow Peashooter's shadow bolt will do an additional 115 DPS, and his Plant Food effect will do an additional 950 DPS regardless of the amount of Moonflowers nearby.
- Shadow-shroom's poison damage will increase by 60 DPS per second.
Note that Conceal-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|Sun Cost||Recharge||Duration||Toughness||Zombies Dragged|
|1||0||0||85 seconds||6 seconds||100000 dps||6|
|2||100||80 seconds||7 seconds||7|
|3||150||80 seconds||8 seconds||8|
|4||200||75 seconds||9 seconds||9|
|5||300||75 seconds||10 seconds||10|
|6||400||75 seconds||11 seconds||11|
|7||500||70 seconds||12 seconds||12|
|8||600||70 seconds||13 seconds||13|
|9||800||70 seconds||14 seconds||14|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||15 seconds||15|
Conceal-mint comes in handy in levels where Moonflower is restricted such as Last Stand levels as it'll activate the shadow plants' powered mode once placed on the lawn without the help of Moonflower. With the help of the Conceal-mint, Dusk Lobber, Nightshade, Shadow Peashooter and Gloom Vine's damage will be increased, while Shadow-shroom will make a zombie poison more zombies that are near it.
One of the best uses of Conceal-mint is not for offense, but for sun production. Moonflowers will produce significantly more than their already high base amount of sun when boosted by Conceal-mint.
Conceal-mint's family has high amounts of splash damage. Thanks to Conceal-mint, Dusk Lobber and Shadow Peashooter can easily tear through hordes of stronger zombies, which would normally take a long time to defeat. Conceal-mint's ability is also quite powerful, allowing many zombies to be instant-killed regardless of health.
Like other mints, it is not a good idea to bring Conceal-mint into "don't lose more than X plants" levels as it will disappear after a while.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Conceal-mint.
- It and Gloom Vine are the only shadow plants that doesn't have an unpowered form.
- Coincidentally, they both power other shadow plants.
- Shadow plants with attack pattern changes when powered such as Nightshade & Shadow Peashooter will not have their regular attacks boosted, as Conceal-mint automatically powers all of them.