Coffee Zombie is a premium super-rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Hearty class. He costs 6 to play and has 4/3. He does not have any traits, and his ability gives all zombies on the field, including him, +1/+1 and the Frenzy trait when he is played.
His appearance seems to be inspired by a stereotypical hipster, or at least shares some traits with one; both wear a plaid shirt, sport a beard, and don headphones and a pair of glasses.
His ability to give all zombies on the field the Frenzy trait is a reference to hyperactivity caused by a high intake of caffeine.
- Class: Hearty
- Tribes: Gourmet Mustache Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: All Zombies get +1/+1 and Frenzy.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
He's been trying to cut back.
By himself, he is a 5/4 zombie with Frenzy. However, his ability makes up for his lacking initial stats and high cost as it gives all zombies a small boost and the Frenzy trait. Just like other cards like Orchestra Conductor and Gadget Scientist, this zombie works best when the lanes are filled with zombies. It is generally a good idea to use Coffee Zombie when there are strong zombies on the field such as Defensive End and Zombot Sharktronic Sub so they can smash through plants and do massive damage to your opponent more easily.
However, Coffee Zombie faces competition against Going Viral, who does the same thing as Coffee Zombie does, but is cheaper, cannot be completely depleted, and draws a card. Therefore, Going Viral would be a better alternative if you do not instantly need a decently strong zombie.
The best options are to Bounce the zombies other than Coffee Zombie. Another way is to play instant-kill cards like Doom-Shroom and Tactical Cuke. Do not use weak plants to counter him, as the boosted zombies will still be able to hit you.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Coffee Zombie.
- He wears glasses that resemble the glasses Computer Scientist and Arcade Zombie wear.
- His glasses are also almost identical to the ones that Zombie Middle Manager wears, but with tape in the middle.
- He shares animations with Energy Drink Zombie.
- Ironically, his description is the exact opposite of Energy Drink Zombie’s.