He works like how he did in the original Plants vs. Zombies, to the point where he is an upgrade plant rather than his own individual plant and can be tapped to fire huge cobs that deal massive damage in a 3x3 area before needing to recharge.
He requires being planted on two side-by-side Kernel-pults in order to be planted on the lawn.
玉米加农炮 (Cob Cannon)
Sun cost: 500
用法 : 按住玉米加农炮拖动到轰炸目标上
范围 : 草坪全范围
特点 : 以轰炸目标为中心，产生 9 格范围爆炸
植物特征 : 黄色植物、武器家族
自称德州上校的玉米加农炮到底是怎样 ? 嗯——他曾经在哈佛深造，并就职于纽约一家著名的律师事务所，所以不要问我为什么一名律师最后会跑到 51 区这么不着调的问题，毕竟这是一个瞎子也能做律师的时代 ......
Cob Cannon can fire a corn cob onto anywhere on lawn.
Usage: Tap and hold on the Cob Cannon and drag to the target to fire
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Cob Cannon launches a corn cob that scatters explosive corn kernels for 6 seconds.
In addition to launching a corn cob, the corn's husk will turn into a missile that homes into the zombies after all kernels are scattered.
His usage has remained unchanged since his introduction into the game. Hence, the same strategy from the first game will also apply here.
Use Plant Food on the Cob Cannon if the zombies are getting close to the Cob Cannon while he is still recharging but be careful not to use it in obstructive environments such as Kongfu World (Weapon Stands) and Ancient Egypt (Tombstones) as the obstructions can block the kernels and can prevent the effectiveness of all the kernels. Just remember that his plant food effect can only activate via Power Tiles if the tile is on the back square, otherwise, he will not be affected.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Cob Cannon.
- He is the only upgrade from the first game that is planted like he did in the first game (Planted on two side-by-side Kernel-pults).
- Unlike the first game, after launching the corn cob, Cob Cannon gives out the new cob then cools down despite Cob Cannon giving out the new cob early after launching.
- His Almanac entry references his Almanac entry from Plants vs. Zombies, and also Area 51.
- He seems to only account for the first tile where it is planted. This affects power tiles in Far Future, as only if Plant Food is given on the Cob Cannon planted on the power tile (Which is where the Cob Cannon's rear is), the power tile effect will activate, but if plant is given on a Cob Cannon where the power tile is at its front, the power tile effect will not occur.
- Despite his first upgrade being called "One-second Reduction" (减一秒), the upgrade reduces more than one second off his recharge time (8 seconds).
- This is because the names are actually a parody on China's ex-president Jiang Zemin known as "moha", based on a rumor that a hanged boy sacrificed himself to save Jiang from severe illness. The meme is about extending his life through sacrificing others by "1 second" (though not necessarily needs to be one second). It can be seen as this pairs with Perfume-shroom's upgrade abilities.