- For other uses, see Cob Cannon (disambiguation).
Cob Cannon is a recurring character within the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He is a massive corn cob that fires cobs at zombies for massive damage.
As of Plants vs. Zombies 3, Cob Cannon has appeared in five games.
Like Kernel-pult, Cob Cannon is based on the crop maize (Zea mays), also known as corn, a type of large grain plant.
He also resembles several types of rocket artillery, specifically ones that fire singular missiles.
- Main article: Cob Cannon (PvZ)
The player can click on the Cob Cannon and can manually launch the corn cob onto an area that the player targets, dealing massive damage in a 3x3 area like a Cherry Bomb.
- Main article: Cob Cannon (PvZ2C)
Cob Cannon next appears in Plants vs. Zombies 2, but only in the Chinese version of the game as a monthly special plant. Like the first game, he is an Upgrade plant and works identically to the previous game.
His main upgrade makes the cooldown faster while their level 5 upgrade gives them two missiles to defend themselves naturally.
- Main article: Corn Mortar
Cob Cannon makes a cameo appearance in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare on the Main Street map.
He is briefly renamed to "Corn Mortar" and once again fire massive cobs, dealing 70 damage to any zombie that is hit in the blast.
- Main article: Corn line
Cob Cannon next appears in the Chinese-exclusive turn-based game Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars, here he is the final plant in the Corn line, evolving from Popcorn-pult. He attacks zombies by firing high damage lasers.
He has an ability that gives him the chance to miss an attack, but will deal more damage the following attack.
- Main article: Cob Cannon (PvZH)
Cob Cannon's latest appearance is in the turn-based mobile card game Plants vs. Zombies Heroes as the Colossal Legendary Plant for the Solar class. He costs 6, has 6/6 stats and when played, gives zombies in his lane and those adjacent to him -1/-1.
- Cob Cannon in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars used to have a design that was more accurate to the original game. It is unknown why it was changed.
- Cob Cannon is the only plant in the entire series that takes up two tiles.
- On PopCap's website, Cob Cannon is shown without his front wheels.