- For more information about the character that this line is based on, see Bonk Choy.
The line consists of Choy Ben (菜本; pinyin: cài běn), Bonk Choy (菜问; pinyin: cài wèn), and Tai Choy (菜极; pinyin: cài jí). They all specialize in stunning enemies and attack by punching twice.
All members of the Choy line are based on the Bok choy, a leafy vegetable popular in southern China and Southeast Asia. All members of the line are also named after Asian martial arts or artists.The second tier, Bonk Choy, is based on the plant of the same name in Plants vs. Zombies 2. His retained Chinese name, "Cai Wan", is a play on famous martial arts teacher Ip Kai-man.
The name of the third tier, Tai Choy, is a pun on the Chinese martial art Tai chi.
Ways to obtain
Tai Choy is given as a reward for completing a weekly streak of daily rewards, while puzzle pieces for this line can be obtained by replaying Ancient Egypt - Day 18 or Kongfu World - Day 3. Additionlal puzzle pieces can be obtained through Soulmates Puzzle system.
Abilities are unlocked by tiering up, while their effect is increased through star leveling.
Note: 10(+5)% means that at LV1 this ability has a 10% on LV1, 15% on LV2 and so on.
After unlocking the Choy line, additional puzzle pieces can be used to upgrade it, which increases its stats and ability LVs.
Choy line stats will be increased if these specific plants are unlocked.
|Plant line||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Nut line|| |
|Clover line|| |
| Coffee line+|
- The Choy line was changed between updates.
- There was a game mechanic, based on elements. Choy line element was air.
- Beta designs for both the first and third tier looked exactly like Bonk Choy, with Tai Choy's design merely being a Bonk Choy in front of a yin-yang symbol.
- Supposedly, two out of three line abilities were changed between versions.
- Tier 1 active ability was called "Strong Punch", which read "Choy Ben deals damage to the first enemy in its lane."
- Tier 2 passive ability was called "Rapid Mad-punch", which read "Strong Punch now deals damage in the surrounding eight spaces as well."
- Even though members of the line punch twice, enemies only get hit once.