- For more information about the character that this line was based on, see Bonk Choy.
The line consisted of Choy Ben (菜本; pinyin: cài běn), Bonk Choy (菜问; pinyin: cài wèn), and Tai Choy (菜极; pinyin: cài jí). They all specialized in stunning enemies and attacked by punching twice.
All members of the Choy line were based on the Bok choy, a leafy vegetable popular in southern China and Southeast Asia. All members of the line were also named after Asian martial arts or artists.
The name of the third tier, Tai Choy, was a pun on the Chinese martial art Tai chi.
Ways to obtain
Tai Choy was given as a reward for completing a weekly streak of daily rewards, while puzzle pieces for this line could be obtained by replaying Ancient Egypt - Day 18 or Kongfu World - Day 3. Additional puzzle pieces could be obtained through Soulmates Puzzle system.
Abilities were unlocked by tiering up, while their effect was increased through star leveling.
Note: 10(+5)% meant that at LV1 this ability had a 10% on LV1, 15% on LV2 and so on.
After unlocking the Choy line, additional puzzle pieces could be used to upgrade it, which increased its stats and ability LVs.
|Stars||Puzzle Pieces& required||Upgrade||Coins||Stars||Puzzle Pieces& required||Upgrade||Coins|
Choy line stats would be increased if these specific plants were unlocked.
|Plant line||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
- The Choy line was changed between updates.
- There was a game mechanic, based on elements. Choy line element was air.
- Choy line's feature was orange.
- Beta designs for both the first and third tier looked exactly like Bonk Choy, with Tai Choy's design merely being a Bonk Choy in front of a yin-yang symbol.
- Supposedly, two out of three line abilities were changed between versions.
- Tier 1 active ability was called "Strong Punch", which read "Choy Ben deals damage to the first enemy in its lane."
- Tier 2 passive ability was called "Rapid Mad-punch", which read "Strong Punch now deals damage in the surrounding eight spaces as well."
- Even though members of the line punched twice, enemies only got hit once.
- The plants in the Choy line makes a return in Plants vs. Zombies 2: League but with slightly different looks.