- For other uses, see Chomper (disambiguation).
Chomper is a playable plant class in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. Chomper is an Attack class that specializes in close range attacks. Unlike in the Garden Warfare series, Chomper can no longer instantly eat zombies unless while using Burrow.
Close range attacker that can snare and slow opponents and can Burrow underground to instantly vanquish opponents. Don't let them see you coming!
Chomper's primary weapon is the Chomp, a melee weapon that deals 41 damage in a very short range.
Chomper's secondary weapon is the Slobber Shot, a ranged attack that can only be used when aiming. It deals 34 damage (41 critical) damage and has a slow rate of fire.
|Launch a snaring trap to stun enemies.|
|Instantly vanquish enemies by targeting them from underground. Press [?] to eat your target.|
|Immobilize and disarm enemies by catching them in a toxic cloud.|
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning multiple vanquishes rapidly.
Reduces ability cooldown by 50% for earning multiple vanquishes.
Chomp can do critical damage.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 30% when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of overhealth for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Gain health by earning a vanquish when at low health.
Grants 30 health upon vanquishing an enemy at low HP.
Longer duration of Grody Goop.
Gain health by dealing damage with a Spikeweed.
Regenerate health when near multiple enemies.
When near two enemies within a 10m radius, regenerate 4 HP every 0.5 seconds.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 3 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
When using Burrow reduces Dig Power consumption when moving slow.
Deal additional splash damage at location that Slobber Shot hits.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%
Gain health by earning a vanquish.
Grants 10 health upon vanquishing an enemy.
Create a Spikeweed at Chomper's location by earning a vanquish with Burrow.
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Reduced time between taking damage and when health regeneration activates.
Reduces the time required to start health regeneration by 60%.
Move faster for a short time by earning a vanquish with Burrow.
Increases movement speed by 55% for 5 seconds upon vanquishing an enemy with Burrow.
Use weapons and abilities faster just after sprinting.
Reduces sprint exit delay by 25%
Faster movement speed and faster Chomp speed when in Grody Goop.
Increases movement and Chomp speed by 20% when in Grody Goop.
Gain faster digestion speed after vanquishing with Burrow.
Reduces the time required to digest an enemy by 40%.
- Chomper now has the Slobber Shot attack as a secondary weapon, making this plant suitable for ranged attacks.
- Note that the Slobber Shot has a slow rate of fire and low splash damage.
- Having a Sunflower constantly healing the Chomper can help it in close range combat.
- Burrowing can help the Chomper evade from incoming fire.
- Using Grody Goop can be helpful when one is trying to defend a Garden, as it disables abilities for Zombies.
- If a Chomper tries to use burrow, sprint to outrun him, or get to high ground. Abilities that launch you in the air like ZPG or Rocket Ride or abilities that move you around such as Sprint Tackle or Warp can help in escaping a burrowing Chomper.
- If a Chomper is giving you a hard time, switch to Engineer. Engineer’s Bullhorn Swarm will dispel a Chomper from burrowing, and you can stand on top of your Heavy Helper to make you immune to Burrow. In addition, Double Time can also be stood on top of and will give you and your allies a speed boost to help in outrunning the Chomper.
Tips & Tricks
- Unlike in the previous game, Captain Deadbeard is not immune to being Burrowed while in Barrel Blast, so he will be completely helpless against a burrowing Chomper they are unprepared for.
- Burrowing at the right time can be used to dodge an incoming ZPG.
- ▲ Removed delay after button input with Burrow
- ▼ Improved audio of burrow for enemy recognition
- ▲ Ability icon of Grody Goop now shows active state while gas is active
- ▼ Additional check with Spikeweed to guarantee victim is within proper range before being trapped
- ▲ Chomp damage increased 28.8->40.55
- ▲ Slobber Shot damage increased 22.6->34
- ▲ Slobber Shot projectile speed post drag period reduce 400->250
- ▲ Splash damage increased for the Halitosis upgrade 5.45->9
- ▲ Increased effective area of primary Chomp
- ▲ Increased length from 4.25 to 4.5
- ▲ Increased near width from 3.4 to 5
- ▲ Increased far width from 1.8 to 3.4
- ▲ Increased height from 1.75 to 2.25
- ▼ Decreased velocity and drag distance of Slobber Shot
- Decreased projectile speed from 800 m/s (2624.67 ft/s) to 400 m/s (1312.34 ft/s)
- Spikeweed and Grody Goop
- Adjust trajectory to be more center screen aligned
- Target detection improved
- ▲ Increase chomp distance 3.0->3.75 m
- ▲ Increase chomp height distance 1.0->4.25 m
- Switch to automatic fire
- ▲ Now ensnares Captain Deadbeard during Barrel Blast
- ▼ Decrease target height reach 4.24->2.5 m
- ▲ Increase underground speed multiplier 2->2.25x
- Speed is now normalized in all directions
- Fix the issue with zombies being turned into goats right before they are eaten
- Grody Goop
- ▲ Increase initial damage 35->45
- ▲ Increase tick damage 1->4
- ▼ Increase ability refresh time 9->10
- Upgrade Well Fed
- Fix underground speed to match regular Burrow
- Upgrade Dirth Bath
- Fix the issue with speed burst not getting turned off on Chomper being vanquished
- Upgrade Halitosis
- ▲ Increase blast radius 0.46->2.25 m
- ▲ Increase shockwave radius 1.5->2.5 m
- Upgrade Vampire Spikeweed
- Fix the issue with Spikeweeds placed from Symbiosis upgrade not granting health
- Slobber Shot appears to be made of the same material as Goop.