- For other uses, see Chilly Pepper.
Chilly Pepper was based on Jalapeño, but as the polar opposite of hot (in Chilly pepper's case, cold).
His name was a portmanteau of "chili pepper", the fruit of certain species of peppers; and the homophone "chilly", meaning cold.
He looks cold, but maybe he's hiding an explosive temper. Or, he could just be really cold.
There was not much a difference between him and Jalapeño other than the higher cost and expensiveness of coins. The Chilly Pepper was implemented to take care of Gas Can Zombie, but because a Snow Pea could do so multiple times, and was cheaper, it was much more advised to use him instead.
The Chilly Pepper could however, be used as a 3rd instant kill if you wanted to have Cherry Bomb, Jalapeño, and himself in one level for a faster use of instant-use plants to stall down time.
It was possible to use a Chilly Pepper, instead of Jalapeño to damage and temporally freeze Gargantuar Zombies, although it is recommended to time the activation so that the Gargantuar Zombie is not frozen where he is barely hit by anything.
It was not advised to use the Chilly Pepper against Ice Block Zombies, as they were totally immune to the explosion while they are still in their ice block.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Chilly Pepper.
- When he was about to explode, he looked like he was sneezing. This may also be a reference to the common cold, which causes sneezing.
- He, Pepper-pult, and Ghost Pepper are the only pepper plants that do not explode into fire.
- He, along with Bamboo Shoot, had the longest time to harvest.
- He and Sweet Pea are the only plants from Plants vs. Zombies Adventures to be included in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes as fighters.