Chester Chomper is an exclusive variant of the Chomper in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. This Chomper digests slightly faster, about three seconds, instead of five seconds. The downside is that it has 25 less health than a default Chomper (125 or 150 if upgraded), much like Count Chompula. It is obtained by opening the Chester Chomper Character Pack.
Crazy Dave accidentally planted a chunk of cheese in his Zen garden. Next thing he knew, this dangerously cheesy Chomper had sprouted. He’s not sure where the sunglasses and goatee came from, though.
Cheesy Chomp is the primary weapon of the Chester Chomper. It acts exactly the same as the normal Chomper's Chomp as it deals the same damage, 25, with the same rate of fire, except that when he eats a zombie, he will digest faster than most other Chompers.
|Goop||Hitting targets with the Chomper's ranged Goop attack is a great way to slow them down, making them easier to chomp. They taste better too!|
|Super Sticky Goop||This goop is sooo sticky that Zombies are not even able to move when they get hit by it. Let's say it together... "Now that's Sticky!"|
|Cheesy Goop||The Cheesy Goop in the first in Crazy Dave's new line of gourmet marinades. It's scientifically formulated to slow Zombies down and make them taste great!|
|Burrow||The Chomper's ultimate weapon. He has the ability to tunnel underground and ambush unsuspecting Zombies by emerging under their feet and swallowing them whole!|
|Sprint Burrow||The Sprint Burrow allows the Chomper to move much faster when under the ground, but the range is quite limited.|
|Spikeweed||Laying Spikeweed traps is a great way to ambush Zombies. If they walk over the Spikeweed, they get ensnared and are easy to chomp.|
|Spiky Spikeweed||The Spiky Spikeweed deals more damage to Zombies it ensnares, but only a few can be deployed at a time.|
|Chesterweed||The Chesterweed attacks at an extremely fast speed, dealing up to 70 damage in 5 seconds. Chompers eating zombies trapped by the Chesterweed will swallow significantly faster, but the Chomper can only have two of them at a time, instead of three. It takes 60 seconds to recharge one Chesterweed.|
These shades are so cool that they've inexplicably increased the Chomper's movement speed.
Little known fact: The number of spots on a Chomper is directly related to their ability to digest their dinner.
A perfectly sculpted goatee provides unexpected (and unexplained) health benefits.
Originally, the player had to buy a specially marked package of Cheetos at a Target store and redeem an included code. However, everyone who owned the game on September 5, 2014 got this and Dr. Chester as well as their abilities for free.
- It's weapon upgrades are supposed to represent the features of the Cheetos mascot.
- It is one of the four characters to be sponsored by a product. The others are Berry Shooter, Citrus Cactus, and Dr. Chester, who's also sponsored by Cheetos.
- This means that, along with the other promotional characters, they did not make a return in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
- It, Law Pea, Yeti Chomper, and Unicorn Chomper are the only plants to have hair.
- However, Law Pea and Chester Chomper are the only plants that have said hair represented as facial hair.
- The digestion upgrade from Garden Warfare 2 can technically be called the replacement of this character as they allow the Chomper to digest as quickly (or even quickly with both equipped) as this character did.