Chest-nut (板栗小队; pinyin: bǎnlì xiǎoduì) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Chestnut seeds come out of the shell and headbutt zombies. They can go to attack zombies that are far away while acting as defensive plants at the same time. Zombies will attack the seeds first instead of the plant on the tile where the seeds are located.
Once one of the seeds is eaten up, another new seed will soon come out from the shell to replace it. If the zombies get behind them, they will follow those zombies and keep attacking.
Sun cost: 175
Chest-nut summons chestnuts that attack zombies in a certain area.
Special: Summons groups of chestnuts
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Chest-nut creates a group of chestnuts to attack zombies ahead of them.
It summons a big chestnut after the small ones, which instantly kills the zombies on the path.
This is a really versatile and decent plant which is able to damage and defend at the same time. Its costumed Plant Food can instantly kill zombies, being one of the few able to do that. The plant itself is really good for a solid 175 sun and a sluggish recharge. It is not recommended to use it in Big Wave Beach or Sky City since chestnuts need lily pads to cross water tiles and no option is available for chestnuts to cross air tiles.
Advisable to be used with Laser Bean or Winter Melon. No need for a defensive plant, as this already is one. Handle with care, as this plant can be overwhelmed, as is not the most defensive of them all. It is advisable to have it with a Heavenly Peach to guarantee it to survive later waves.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Chest-nut.
- The eyes of the green shell are actually the eyes of one of the chestnut seeds inside the shell.
- If the shell is not creating new chestnut seeds, it will perform somersaults in place.
- The chestnuts can move to another tile if they are attacked.
- When the chestnuts attack a Mecha-Football Zombie, they will move with it.
- Each chestnut can take a Gargantuar hit, leaving the other chestnuts alive but zombies like Barrel Roller Zombie that crush any plant on a tile kills every chestnut.
- The chestnuts cannot go over the water in Big Wave Beach unless there are Lily Pads for them to cross.
- The almanac entry of Chest-nut is a reference to typical Chinese citizens' life especially in first-tier cities, where housing is usually considered to be dramatically difficult.