- For other versions of Cherry Bomb, see Cherry Bomb (disambiguation).
Cherry Bomb was a plant in Plants vs. Zombies Adventures. They were an explosive plant, and when placed, blew up all zombies in a 7x7 area. They were the first instant kill plant which the player received. The player unlocked them after reclaiming The Workshop Lot.
The term "short fuse," meaning a tendency to lose one's temper quickly, in the 1st sentence of their news feed description involves the fact that they are an explosive plant and the other sentence describes how to use them; while their Facebook page description is exactly the same as their Suburban Almanac entry in Plants vs. Zombies.
Cherry Bombs have very short fuses. Plant one near a zombie and see what happens.
Facebook page description
"I wanna explode," says Cherry #1. "No, let's detonate instead!" says his brother, Cherry #2. After intense consultation they agree to explodonate.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Cherry Bomb.
- Despite what the game said, they could be buffed by Plant Perk, and doing so would give them an extra two-square range.
- This was apparently a bug, it was fixed in the June 5 Update.
- They, Jalapeño, Flaming Pea, Bamboo Shoot, and Bamboom were the only plants in Plants vs. Zombies Adventures that could turn zombies into ashes.
- This is likely because these plants are related to fire and/or explosions.
- They had a bigger range in this game than it did any other game in the series; 7x7 instead of 3x3.
- For some reason, when they are about to explode, they flash red twice before blowing up.
- When a zombie reached the end of the path in Road Trip mode, or a server-caused Zombie Sneak Attack, the game showed the message "You are about to lose!" and gave the player a chance to buy them for around 250 gems to kill the invading zombies.