- For other uses, see Cherry Bomb (disambiguation).
Cherry Bomb is an Instant-use plant in Plants vs. Zombies 3. It explodes and deals heavy damage to all zombies in a 3x3 area. Unlike in previous games, it can be planted on any tile (even tiles with plants) and explodes instantly, without any wait time.
- For more information about this character, see Cherry Bomb.
Unlike its appearances in previous games, it is not a reusable, playable plant. Instead, it appears as part of the UI alongside the seed packets, Sunflower and her sun meter, and the Plant Food slots.
It costs no sun to use but the player can only use it once per level. It can be upgraded at the Jubilee Nightclub to be able to deal more damage when used.
Its explosion onomatopoeia, "CHA-BOOF", is also taken from its Plants vs. Zombies 2 appearance.
Use Cherry Bomb how you'd use it in the previous games, using it to get rid of tough zombies. Just know that your Cherry Bomb supply is limited, so you must use it at the best possible moment-it can save the game. If you use it at a time when unneeded, you will not have it later in the level, and there may be a time you will need it desperately later.
- Despite being part of the UI, and not an actual playable plant, it has a seed packet.
- During the Pre-Alphas, his placeholder sprite was a HD image of the Cherry Bomb from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- A neon sign of Cherry Bomb appears on top of the Jubilee Nightclub.