- For other uses, see Cherry Bomb (disambiguation).
- For more information about this character, see Cherry Bomb.
Cherry Bomb is unlocked after the player finishes Pirate Seas - Day 24. Their fuse time has been decreased, and zombies will now ignore the plant entirely. The explosion is now a fire effect, defrosting zombies that can survive the attack while failing to damage imp dragon zombies.
They also retain the ability to affect aerial enemies.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 150
Cherry Bombs can blow up all zombies in an area. They have a short fuse so plant them near zombies.
Usage: single use, instant
The Cherry Bomb Brothers attempted to start their own band. "We tried to figure out what the sound would be, but we kept explodonating speakers, stages, fans, and of course, zombies. Look for our LP next year."
When boosted by Bombard-mint, Cherry Bomb will gain an additional 2400 DPS.
|1||0||0||150||35 seconds||1800 dps||3x3|
|2||10||1,000||150||34 seconds||1900 dps|
|3||75||5,000||150||33 seconds||2000 dps|
|4||200||10,000||125||32 seconds||2100 dps|
|5||400||20,000||125||25 seconds||2200 dps|
|6||750||30,000||125||24 seconds||2300 dps|
|7||1,000||40,000||125||23 seconds||2400 dps|
- Damage Pierce
Every zombie destroyed provides the player with 25 sun in a similar fashion to a high-damage, low-payback Solar Tomato.
Note: Cherry Bomb cannot be upgraded to level 4.
As Cherry Bomb has remained virtually unchanged between the two games, most strategies that worked in the first game should also apply to the second game. An important thing to note is that Cherry Bomb's explosion is now counted as a fire effect, meaning that Gargantuars frozen by Iceberg Lettuce will be not chilled and able to move again a normal pace when hit by Cherry Bomb, so unless you can re-apply the ice effect again, it's better to use the Cherry Bomb before trying to freeze the zombies. Of course, there's always the option of non-ice based stun/slow plants, like Stunion and Stallia. Imp Dragon Zombies are also completely immune to Cherry Bomb, although it has little impact on their utility as they only appear in the boss battle of Dark Ages (where the Cherry Bomb is not provided) and the endless zone, but not anywhere else.
In Endless Zones, Cherry Bomb is a great pick, especially later on, because of the sheer amount of zombies that come in higher levels. Planting Cherry Bombs in large groups of zombies in later levels can easily destroy hundreds of zombies, relieving a lot of pressure you might have. Furthermore, Cherry Bombs can now be upgraded, accelerating their recharge and decreasing their sun cost. Therefore, they can be more feasible for later levels.
It should be noted though that generally, Primal Potato Mine, Grapeshot, and Bombegranate outclass Cherry Bomb, either due to being more efficient or having an extra effect. For example, Primal Potato Mine has one-third the cost, takes less time to recharge, has higher damage output against tough zombies like Gargantuars, affects a larger area when upgraded, and can be enhanced with Plant Food, as well as not having a fire effect that would otherwise defrost zombies, in exchange for a few seconds of arming time. Grapeshot launches bouncing grapes that can take out a few zombies surviving the initial blast, and Bombegranate leaves seeds that can also catch surviving zombies. However, of all the three, Primal Potato Mine is the only non-premium plant.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Cherry Bomb.
- As of the 2.3 update, if the player listens carefully, there is a charging sound that will play before they detonate. Also, if one looks closely, they can see the stem turn black as if it was burning.
- It now changes its facial expression before exploding.
- If they are used on a headless corpse, the ensuing charred zombie will still appear with its head and arms.
- In this game, zombies can no longer interact with Cherry Bombs. As a result, Cherry Bombs can no longer be eaten/destroyed in this game.
- Their Almanac entry mentions their "LP", which is short for Long Play, the technical term for a music album.
Specific to the Chinese version
- Before version 1.8, they were the only premium plant in the game (unlocked along with the turbo feature with a code). Normally, they could only be unlocked by buying total RMB 30 (around 4 USD) of gems. Now they could be unlocked with 10 puzzles, which does not need real money.
- However, they are not a premium plant in the international version of the game.
- Despite being premium, unlike the other Chinese premium plants, they aren't using the Player's House tile, but rather Ancient Egypt's.
- Cherry Bomb's Puzzle Pieces can only be obtained in Penny's treasure or by fusing puzzle pieces.
- The small Cherry Bomb they create says "SPUDOW!" when it explodes, similar to Potato Mine.